Transfer view from one panorama to another?

Q&A about the latest versions
Sascha Selent

Hi.

Is it possible to transfer the view from one panorama to another?

I´ve got the following. My first panorama shows a 3D-scene from a room with a special interior-design. My second panorama shows the same room with a alternative interior-design. Now I want to switch between the to panoramas. Okay, no problem so far, but...

...when I look around, change my view and then switch to the other panorama, the view is resettet to the view defined for the second panorama, so my view jumps. I cannot compare the interiors directly in every direction, I always have to turn around again to the specific region.

I would be great if it were possible to tell the loaded panorama to show the same view like the panorama that is replaced.

What do you think?

And again: possible till Monday, 01-26-2009? :mrgreen: I have to deliver on Tuesday...

Best regards.

Sascha
smooth

You can pretty much do that now with these parameters:

$ap = current pan angle
$at = current tilt angle
$af = current field of view

Regards, Smooth 8)
Sascha Selent

smooth wrote:You can pretty much do that now with these parameters:

$ap = current pan angle
$at = current tilt angle
$af = current field of view

Regards, Smooth 8)
Woh, thanks for the quick answer!
Yeeeh, sounds good, but how do I implement this in the skin-editor? I´m a newbie.
zap

Hi

This is possible choosing in the skin the following action

"Open next panorama" and choosing the Pan/Tilt/FoV Values.

This way you can easily choose your viewangle

For direct adressing choose the smooth360 his method

Cheers
360 Panorama Creators http://luxmap.com
Google Trusted Photographer
frodo

Hi, Sasha! Please could you tell us if it worked. If so would you be so kind and post a link to see how it works. It could be very usefull.
Thanks, Martin :D
thomas
Chief Gnome

You can use $cur in the target field to transfer the position from one pano to the next.
MfG, Thomas
smooth

thomas wrote:You can use $cur in the target field to transfer the position from one pano to the next.
Thomas,

Is this "Cursor position"?

Regards, Smooth 8)
erik leeman

I'd guess its something like 'Current Position' or 'Current parameters'.
It's not in the list of skin placeholders from 09-01-08 as far as I can see.

Erik
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Smooth
This has cropped up before, I am sure that it is a place holder to obtain current position (CUR) I seem to remember its used for loading a hi res version of the same pano.
But I could be wrong :mrgreen:

Hopki :lol:
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Sascha Selent

thomas wrote:You can use $cur in the target field to transfer the position from one pano to the next.
Yohoh, Thomas, love ya! :wink:

Works perfect!

Is there any documentation for these possible features?

Sorry, but I cannot post an example, because the project is secret. I have to follow the order of my client.

But here comes a screenshot for the behaviour:
cur.gif
cur.gif (1.64 KiB) Viewed 7719 times
Thank you very much!

Sascha
smooth

Hopki wrote:Hi Smooth
This has cropped up before, I am sure that it is a place holder to obtain current position (CUR) I seem to remember its used for loading a hi res version of the same pano.
But I could be wrong :mrgreen:

Hopki :lol:
OK, it was my thought when looking at "cur". I have never seen any hi res versions of your panos.
Would appear it would be one in the same current or cursor I just wanted to know for my documented list of place holders.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Smooth

I did not mean to offend; :( I just remember seeing it before. :)

I haven’t made any really hi res panos as yet, came close once but had a few to many people looking at it and burnt up my bandwidth, ended up paying for top up. :(

So the best on my site at the moment is Here at 2.2 MB

On the CD’s I send out to customers my panos cam be 30MB each, but as they run locally that’s not a problem.

All the best
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
smooth

Hopki wrote:Hi Smooth

I did not mean to offend; :(
No offense taken. It was very late when I asked the question I.E 6.12 am after another all nighter.

Still, is it official? Current or Cursor = Cur?
Like I said I just want to add it to my list of place holder descriptions.

Lastly, please don't take offense but your panoramas (large file size or not) lack focus and clarity. This is something you could improve on and I would be willing to offer some pointers.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Derek

This is great, thanks. I have two .swfs and inserted the $cur command in to both files linking to the other. It works great the first time from both files but after that it just refreshes the current file without switching. Did I miss something?
Hopki
Gnome

HI Smooth
You are right, I have been looking into improving the quality, as I may have mentioned, I am not from a photographic background, but am learning. :? Cash limits my kit, but I am sure I can squeeze better results out it, I am learning about F Stops and DOF, also looks as if manual focus is the way to go. :lol:

My Kit is Canon 400D, Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG and a NN3 pano head on a ball head, not the mess I started with. :oops:

Any help would be good, but I sort of started a conversation between Hum and Erik about this and the last thing I want to do is involve another person. See thread Here

All the best Hopki :lol:
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com