How to open a panorama by using a variable

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
EVerheggen

Hi,

Is it possible to create an action:

Mouse click > Open Next Panorama > [a variable representing custom ID] > Default View

In expert mode I tried all kinds of variations, like /index.html#($*MyVariable), but even typing the Custom Node ID of one node did not work.

All the nodes have Custom Node ID: $(ut)
The User Data Titles are mostly just numbers of 3 digits. Only nodes with extra variations (like day and night versions), they have extra text behind it, like 123-v2

I can’t use the {$(next)} and {$(previous)}, because some nodes have these duplicates (variations).

Or maybe my questions is not the right question to ask? Maybe “[a variable representing custom ID]” should be an other variable???

The solution is probably very simple, but I can’t find it…

This is the project it is needed for: https://blog.erikverheggen.nl/mijn_uploads/grenspalen/
In the bottom left are two buttons. Until now “previous” and “next” worked, but from now on there will be more versions of the panoramas taken on the same location.
In the future there will be a third button, because some panoramas get a third direction they can go to.

Best regards,
Erik Verheggen
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Erik,
Have you seen this post: viewtopic.php?p=57110#p57110
But I am guessing this will not work as only some nodes will have different variations, also known as view states. The above assumes all nodes will be changed.

The problem you have is any placeholders are looking at the current panorama, so a button with an action to open a custom node ID placeholder will try and open itself.
Would you want the state to stay until it is changed, for example, node1 is a single node but node2 has two extra states, so node2a and node2b.
If you enter node2 and then select node2a and move back to node1 and return, should node2a show or are you happy that node2 shows, and then the person viewing the tour selects node2a again?

You need to think about how this will work then work out how to make it.
But you can use a text variable for node2, so you would use the variables placeholder as the node to open, and then you can use a Set Variable Value action to change which node the variable will hold.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
EVerheggen

Hi Martin,

Thanks for again a very quick reply!

Thanks to the example I noticed I did not use the { } correctly in the URL field.

This seems to work:
Naamloos-1.jpg
Naamloos-1.jpg (30.15 KiB) Viewed 1064 times
(I only have to test it online and will update this message then)

What are the rules of using curly brackets?

Best regards,
Erik