Some 360 images not be assigned to a virtual tour in Street View

3DfoCz

Hello,
I have a big problem uploading virtual tours to Google Street View. After uploading a tour, there are always a few images left unassigned to a given location, but they are completely out of place. They are usually assigned to the nearest part of the city, etc. 360 panoramas are then not part of the site/company tour itself, and arrows do not lead to the given 360 images. It is usually possible to fix this in the Street View mobile application, where the given places are marked as unassigned and it is possible to change their location to the desired place/business. Then I ask on the Google support forum to review the tour, and then all the images are connected to the virtual tour and connected by arrows.
I have to admit it is extremely frustrating and annoying and takes an absurdly long time to get everything done. Out of the last 5 projects, only one did not load correctly and I always had to deal with 1-3 unassigned frames.
If I publish through another system (Matterport), this has never happened to me.
System Windows11, Pano2VR7 64bit. This has no effect on it, I have the same problem on a second computer with Win10 and Pano2VR6.
I'm not new to the system, I've been using Pano2VR since 2015 and have published hundreds of tours.
Please help, I will be more than happy to provide whatever is needed to resolve the issue. I am attaching samples, on this project it is in the exterior, but it happens completely randomly. Also, if I delete the project from GSW and upload it again after a few hours, it happens with other photos.
Thank you very much.
Attachments
maps-on-pc.jpg
maps-on-pc.jpg (72.45 KiB) Viewed 9600 times
maps-on-app.jpg
maps-on-app.jpg (207.21 KiB) Viewed 9600 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Firstly we have moved this topic to the correct forum.
We are looking at a customer's project that suffers from the same issue, we have only uploaded it today so needs time, so far 3 out of 5 belong to the tour and three have no place ID.
What this will do is allow us to have a project to show Google.
This is not to say this is your issue and would suggest looking at this post: viewtopic.php?p=68543#p68543
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
3DfoCz

Hi,
thanks for the advice, I tri everything from the procedure, but unfortunately nothing worked. The situation is identical to before.
I had the perfect opportunity to try it out. The customer noticed some things he wanted to retouch in the tour, so I was able to remove the entire tour and re-upload it. All edited according to the procedure, I even renamed the files so that they go sequentially like the points in the tour and rearranged the whole tour again. We recorded the tour with 24h. distance from erasure. Unfortunately two photos are missing again. In the "Street Wiew Browser" window, I see them as completely unassigned to a place and they have a green check mark. There is only one left in the attached picture, I tried to assign the second one via the Street Wiew application on my phone, but the application basically no longer works and assigned the panorama to a place, but not connected it with arrows. Google does not react to the request for assignment.

Hope this helps with the solution.
Thanks
Attachments
img.jpg
img.jpg (43.83 KiB) Viewed 9530 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
If you are confident that all nodes have the place ID and all links have the padlock so using GPS then what we have seen is on the first upload Google is not using all the data.
Without deleting the tour, press the Upload Tour button again, it will say that the images are already uploaded and it will upload the metadata.
Give it 30 minutes and press the Refresh button in the tour browser.
Within a few hours, all the nodes should have the Place ID and within 24 hours all links should be made.

If not, please can post a screen shot of your street view browser showing the nodes and a screen shot showing your place ID.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
3DfoCz

Hello, in the last few days I recorded 5 store tours, I set everything possible, verified everything, tested everything, logged out of the account, logged in, and still, not one of the 5 stores was recorded correctly the first time. Each time 1-3 spheres are marked as an unknown location and are disconnected from the virtual tour. It's very frustrating, and it adds enormously to the time it takes to complete the job, time that no one is paying me for and I could have spent better. The system does not even report Server Error when uploading. It just uploads wrong. I have to admit that I have already looked at the paid plans of competitors and if it weren't for the senselessly aggressive pricing policy of their operators for smaller contributors and the fact that I recently bought an upgrade to Pano2VR7, I would probably already be with another provider. You don't even have to answer, when I have another Virtual Tour job I'll have another bottle of good wine and spend a nice day fixing recorded tours.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi 3DfoCz,
Thank you for taking the time to report the issue.
Street View is very frustrating as a platform, in the main people upload ok without issue.
Pano2VR is a desktop application which does not change until there is an update to a new version but also this does not mean anything to do with Street View was changed. What this does mean is you are using the same software as people that do not have issues.

So what can be different, What is unique to you?
You may be using your own Street View API key with the three APIs, your Google account, your payment method, how you have built the tour and the Place ID you are using.
If you have a few uploaded ok, then this would suggest your API key, account and payment method are ok, but that said it has been known to be the account in the past.
So this leads to the Place, but other panoramas show the correct place so probably not that.

It is also known that on the first upload, even though we send up all the data, Google does not seem to record it for all panoramas.
The fix is simply to use the Upload Project button again, but DO NOT delete the tour, if you do you end up in a loop.
The workflow, for now, seems to be to upload the tour, wait 10 minutes and open the street view browser.
Do you see all the panoramas uploaded?
In the Street View Browser, under the heading Tour Node do you see all the Green Connect icons for each node?
And under the Maps Status do you see the green check icons?
And lastly, do you see the Place Name next to each panorama?
If Yes to all of the above then Google has all the data and is reporting it has all the data. It may be just a waiting game, people are reporting on the Google Street View issue tracker it can take up to 2 weeks to see any changes.

If NO to any of the above, then select the Refresh button in the Street View Browser, do you see any change?
If not then use the Upload Project button again, it will say something like x number of images found, x should equal the number of panoramas in your tour.
It will also say the image metadata will be uploaded, click OK.

Give it 10 to 20 minutes and select the refresh button again.
This process may take a couple of goes before you see all the data in your Street View Browser.
This is the difference between Cloud-based and Desktop based software, they can keep uploading in the background.
By rights, this should not happen, but this is the nature of Street View and why we suggest you build a web output as well as the Street View upload.
Your customer can then upload it to their website.

Google have their Issue tracker, as a Street View photographer do you have access to this?
Just had a quick look and there are a few issues.

But please try the steps above as we are sure this will resolve your issue, if not then please e-mail support with the Place name and image IDs that are not picking up the place.
Regards
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
3DfoCz

Hello, and I thank you very much for your continued help. I have to admit that I'm a bit tired of it, I've been dealing with it for a very long time. I'll be typing questions into Google now and who knows, maybe hell will freeze over and someone will look up and click some button on my profile and it will start working properly.
Thanks.
Hopki
Gnome

The panoramas that have no place, are they rejected or do you see the green checkmark under Map Status?
If they are rejected then you need to correct the issue first, but if they have the green checkmark then there is no reason why the missing place can not be added to these panoramas.

As said if you are still having issues, e-mail in to support and we can escalate this with Google.
When you upload a project and do not see the place then what we will need is the place name and photo IDs of the images that do not have them.
This will give us the information we need to forward the issue to the Google Street View team.

The project would need to be left alone allowing the Street View team the opportunity to look into it.
It could mean a few days to possibly a few months.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
3DfoCz

Hello, thanks for the information.

Just for the sad fun of what happened after my query to Google support. I got help on how to record 360° videos in the reply :D and my company profile was suddenly renamed on its own to a other name and then Google blocked my company profile for violating the company profile name policy. So something totally destroyed my business. Currently, my business does not appear on Google and customers write to me about what happened, that their reviews were marked as not public and it looks as if I closed the business. I must admit that I really did not expect such a solution to the problem. Is therefore true, the problem with some panoramas uploading incorrectly for me is solved. Grrrr
Hopki
Gnome

Wow never heard this before, but then we do not support video uploads.
Sorry you are having a hard time, but we all know Street View is really fragile and can fall apart at any time, this is why we always say to make a web output along with the Street View project, at least your customer will have a tour they can upload to their website.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com