No cloner in Vr V7 B4?

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
deedee123

Hi,
It seems i get no output from a cloner in the VR skin of V7 B4, also some hotspots refuse to undertake any assigned action. Is this just me or a known bug? B3 was still o.k.
(using in Oculus)

Best,
David
deedee123

after some testing:
I'm now exporting the VR version with B3, and the cloner is fine, just uploading the "skin_vr.js" to the server, then continue with other non-vr edits with B4. so i think the cloner not working is really B4 related.

David
Hopki
Gnome

Hi David,
The Cloner should be working but it is known that the scroll area does not work in VR.
This is why we had to come up with a paging menu rather than scroll thumbnails.
Have you tried the VR skins, do you see the paging thumbnail menu?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
deedee123

Hi,
The venis_vr has the paging system, but even with the 'fresh' venis skin i'm not seeing any output of the cloner at all in B4. No sign of any list.
If i export the same project from B3 with the same venis-vr skin i do see it and it works. maybe related to the other new (language) cloning possibilities in B4?
Or do other people not have this issue?
David

ps what i do for now is export my projects with B4 as normal, then open again in B3 just to export and use the skin_vr.js . then it works.
deedee123

Hi,
Should the VR skin cloners when exported from B4 work? If so, i need to see where else the problem can be. As mentioned before, the exact same default VR skins work from B3 (i'm using for a menu), but don't show anything in B4.
Confirmation appreciated :)
Best,
David
deedee123

Hi,
I'm still puzzled by this. exporting to a default unchanged VR skin on B4 gives me no menu on my Oculus. Same project on B3 gives me the menu. I do hope B5 (which i hope will be out soon.. clients are waiting for their updated projects...) will show the menu in VR!
I hope it's tested.
David
Hopki
Gnome

Hi deedee123,
Testing Pano2VR 7 b4a with both the default VR skins shows a menu on my Oculus Quest (1st gen).
• feather_vr.ggsk
• venis_vr.ggsk

The quest did do a browser update prior to my testing but I have been away for a few days so possible an old update.
Is your skin a custom skin?
If so can you post it here or send it in to support so we can have a look at it?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
deedee123

Hi,
I have an oculus quest two, latest update in its browser.
with my adapted Venis vr skin in B3 i see the title of the scene when pressing the hand controller button, and a nice cloned menu below.
with my adapted Venis vr skin in B4 (same project) i see the title of the scene when pressing the hand controller button, but nothing that should clone.
with default unchanged Venis vr skin (same project) in B4 i see nothing happening when pressing the hand controller button.

i tested this with many of my projects.

I will send you my adapted skin, perhaps it does work there showing the nodes through the cloner. i do hope it can be traced down..!

best,
David