Hotspot exact position centre within nadir (Tripod Cap)

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
smooth

Thomas,

Do you have an easy way to find dead centre of the nadir as so to place a tripod cap hotspot?
I worked it out using an on screen (Digital) ruler to measure but it seems to me there must be a better easier way.
This could be done mathematically or maybe via hotspot editor screen overlay grid with "x" to show correct point.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Pat Swovelin

How were you able to figure this out? And, more to the point, have you been able to do it without using an onscreen ruler (I have one, but that's not the point)?

I need to put a non-rotating logo on the nadir and there's got to be a way (easy or hard) to do it. We should be able to position objects with -90° as a location.
360Texas

I remember the Prof Dersch's PTViewer was able to place on a layer a non rotating logo. But that was using a java applet parameter code string. I think the nadir logo was a tripod cap external transparent gif. I am not sure if it could be done in Pano2VR's QTVR or Flash output types.

Assuming that the coordinate 0,0 is in upper left corner of the panorama the Nadir center is 1/2 the pano width and bottom pixel image. 5000 x 2500 it would be coordinate x = 2500 y = 2500

I think Flash is upper left 0,0 and QTVR and Java applets computes 0,0 as mid center. 50% left to right and 50% down from top.
But this does not get a NON rotating tripod cap.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
smooth

Pat Swovelin wrote:How were you able to figure this out? And, more to the point, have you been able to do it without using an onscreen ruler (I have one, but that's not the point)?

I need to put a non-rotating logo on the nadir and there's got to be a way (easy or hard) to do it. We should be able to position objects with -90° as a location.
I have now done this many times and I have found that panning the hotspot editor window down to the -90 to view the nadir you can see the exact centre in the image where a "pinching" effect is visible in the very centre. I simply position the mouse cursor over this mark and double click to add the hotspot. You can see the result here (Be sure to select the "Flash" version at the bottom of the screen)

Still, it would be far better if we could just simply tick a check box to enable nadir hotspot and then assign our image via the skin editor.

Regards, Smooth 8)
erik leeman

And then there's the next challenge: how to get that non-rotating nadir logo on the actual bottom cubeface?
I mean placed in true 3D space, so that it is distorted by perspective when the view is tilted.
Can that be done in Flash using Pano2VR?

Erik
smooth

erik leeman wrote:And then there's the next challenge: how to get that non-rotating nadir logo on the actual bottom cubeface?
I mean placed in true 3D space, so that it is distorted by perspective when the view is tilted.
Can that be done in Flash using Pano2VR?

Erik
Sorry Eric I have no idea.

This is not something I would want or require. I'm sure you have a valid reason though.

Regards, Smooth 8)
smooth

erik leeman wrote:Someone asked for it : )

Cheers!

Erik
ROFL as good as any! :lol:

Regards, Smooth 8)
groobcio

To stop nadir hotspot image you must change in skin editor - Modifiers

Rotate Pan Factor:-1,000 Offset:0,00

Groobcio
Panoramy 360 - Wirtualne Zwiedzanie - http://www.vrproject.pl
Virtual Cracow - http://www.krak360.pl
Virtual Skawina - http://www.skawina360.pl
Pat Swovelin

I found that you can simply use a point hotspot, slap it anywhere in the Editor grid and add your image to that (and any actions etc. you want). Save the P2VR file. Close it. Open it in a text editor, go down to <hotspot> and change pan to 0 and tilt to -90. Save the file and reopen it in Pano2VR and you're good to go. The logo/image/whatever will be rightside up when you tilt down to it, it will be precisely positioned over the exact nadir and it won't rotate.

When I say "simply" above it still requires some very minor futzing around but it'll be exactly where you want it to be.

All of the above refers to Flash output. I'm not interesting in killing myself for a dead/dying VR filetype (no filetype wars please).
HMS Beagle

Is there any way to have the image "scale" as you zoom out and in?
Geo
Pat Swovelin wrote:I found that you can simply use a point hotspot, slap it anywhere in the Editor grid and add your image to that (and any actions etc. you want). Save the P2VR file. Close it. Open it in a text editor, go down to <hotspot> and change pan to 0 and tilt to -90. Save the file and reopen it in Pano2VR and you're good to go. The logo/image/whatever will be rightside up when you tilt down to it, it will be precisely positioned over the exact nadir and it won't rotate.

When I say "simply" above it still requires some very minor futzing around but it'll be exactly where you want it to be.

All of the above refers to Flash output. I'm not interesting in killing myself for a dead/dying VR filetype (no filetype wars please).
pitdavos

Geo wrote:Is there any way to have the image "scale" as you zoom out and in?
Take a look here:
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... read#p8564

Cheers

Peter
HMS Beagle

thank you
Geo