Marker blinking when over hotspot

Q&A about the latest versions
hgribust

Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:28 pm

Hello.

I searched forum and googled, found some similar threads, but not exactly what I need and trial-error way has not been succesfull.
What I have accomplished - following one of Hopki's tutorials I added markertemplate and timer to the skin, added a pop-up image with blueprint and dragged in nodes onto the image, so when I am at the active node the marker active is blinking. But what I want and can't accomplish is when I hover over a hotspot in panorama and the blueprint image is active the according marker is also blinking, so I would know which hotspot is in which.
Tried to make some photos to better explain my goal.
I have a hallway with blueprint activated
hallway.jpg
hallway.jpg (98.13 KiB) Viewed 134 times
the red dot is the current panorama node, the small green dot is the marker_normal, nut the bigger green dot is the marker that is showing the hotspot the mouse is hovering over.
This far I have managed - either all the marker_normal are changing the size no matter which hotspot I'm hovering over or all markers are blinking together.
I guess I need to add some tiny variable or something I have missed this far.
Using Pro 6 version.
TIA
Harry
Hopki
Gnome

Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:02 pm

Hi Harry,

If we look at how a tooltip in a marker template shows when you mouse over a point hotspot this may give clues on how to do this.
To create interaction between the mouse and the text box in the markertemplate you add curly brackets to the text boxes Hotspot Proxy ID text field.

Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 16.47.19.png
Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 16.47.19.png (34.65 KiB) Viewed 133 times

The text box will need the visible logic block, mouse over parent to show but also mouse over for this to work.

2.png
2.png (36.91 KiB) Viewed 133 times

What will happen is when you add a node from the tour browser the "cloned" node marker's text box Hotspot Proxy ID will show the node it is linked to.
So for node1, it will look like this:

3.png
3.png (20.3 KiB) Viewed 133 times

So any point hotspot going to node1, on mouse-over will activate the mouse over the logic block and the text box and it will show.

So knowing we can make links between mouse over a point hotspot you could have a container as the normal state and inside have two graphics stacked on top of each other. One having the curly brackets and hidden.
So as you mouse over the Point Hotspot the hidden graphic would now show.
See how you get on and let me know if you need any help.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/