Hotspot skin setting problems.

Q&A about the latest versions
DIA Interactive

Hi all,

I have two problems with hotspots!

1. I have a button with "Hide/Show" function for hotspots. When I click hide i can still click on invisible hotspot. The same problem I found on official demo called "Layer Marney Tower" here: https://ggnome.com/samples/pano2vr_5/tower/
(to recreate, 1. disable hotspots, 2. move a view a little bit, 3. try to click on invisible but for some reason still active hotspot).
hs1.JPG
hs1.JPG (147.24 KiB) Viewed 3004 times
hs2.JPG
hs2.JPG (113.21 KiB) Viewed 3004 times

2. Second problem is related to Autorotate function. When Autorotate is on and I press on hotspot, I see some short movement of camera after changing the view.
Ar1.JPG
Ar1.JPG (302.01 KiB) Viewed 3004 times
Ar2.JPG
Ar2.JPG (285.34 KiB) Viewed 3004 times
Please, help!
soulbrother

For second problem with autorotation, just try to deselect "Start after fully loaded".
I remember some cases, where I had almost the same effect and that deactivation did help.
soulbrother

Well, just had a closer view at problem 1:
I can reproduce the fault and it seems to be a bug?

But there is a simple solution:
Don´t setup the alpha, but instead use your variable (ht_show) to affect the visibility.

See screenshot.

My true/false variable is named "vis_hotspots"
hotspot-visibility.jpg
hotspot-visibility.jpg (269.46 KiB) Viewed 2995 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi soulbrother,
You say bug, can you go into a bit more detail?
Cheers,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Hopki
Gnome

Ahh ok got it :-)
For now, use the visible logic block.
You can use the Alpha logic block on the Hotspot Image or a container, it's the template that has the issue.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
DIA Interactive

soulbrother wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:59 pm For second problem with autorotation, just try to deselect "Start after fully loaded".
I remember some cases, where I had almost the same effect and that deactivation did help.
Thank you soulbrother! It works, but now I don't have autorotation on startup. I want to have autorotation active when you see splash screen...
soulbrother

No, you don´t need to deactivate the Autorotation.
Automatic start of rotation can be set as usual, for example with a delay of 3 seconds.

Just the "Start after fully loaded" should be deselected.
DIA Interactive

soulbrother wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:00 pm No, you don´t need to deactivate the Autorotation.
Automatic start of rotation can be set as usual, for example with a delay of 3 seconds.

Just the "Start after fully loaded" should be deselected.
I only deselected "Start after fully loaded" and it resolved this issue. I didn't deactivated it. I just need to have autorotation immediately after startup with 0 delay. And when click on the splash screen autorotation stops and from that moment x sec delay in rule.

Problem 1 unfortunately I cant resolve even when I use only visibility with true/false variable. When I click on hide/show button the hotspots disappears, but it appears immediately when I click somewhere on the screen even if variable says: hotspots off. Don't know how to resolve it...
soulbrother

If any kind of "klick on opening" is an option, you could do like this:

Have a welcome-screen (or any other "startup" button, that can execute the actions), see screenshot.
Welcome-Text-and-Start-Autorotate.jpg
Welcome-Text-and-Start-Autorotate.jpg (130.14 KiB) Viewed 2957 times
DIA Interactive

Problem with Hotspots visibility is still unresolved. Change Visible in Logic Board with Variables not working. I can still click on invisible hotstop even when it is invisible. Please help!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi DIA Interactive,
Did you see my post above about not using the Alpha Logic Block with the Hotspot Template directly?
If you want to use Alpha then set the hotspot images Alpha Logic Block or wrap a container around all the child elements of the Hotspot Template and set the Alpha Logic Block to that.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com