Facebook Videos in Hotspots

Q&A about the latest versions
JRumball

My client has asked about the possibility of linking to and displaying Facebook-hosted videos in the tour (like we can do with YouTube video hotspots)?

I have tried a few things with the video hotspot and link he provided to me, but cannot get it to load.

Thanks in advance.

John
JRumball

A little update...

I was able to get this work using an iframe embed code inside a text box in info popup.

Only problem now is, if the viewer does not pause the video before clicking the X to close the popup, the audio from the video keeps playing in the background. I tried adding a stop media action to the X button, bit that had no impact.

Help!! :)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
If your using an iframe you need to unload the frame.
You do this with the close button.
It needs the action to not only hide the text box but also to set a value to the text box which will be to set nothing, leaving it blank.
So setting nothing to a text box will remove the iframe and removing the video.

When dealing with iframes you should start with an empty text box. The open button should set the iframe calling the data and show the text box.
The close button to hide the text box and unload the iframe.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
JRumball

I think I follow, Martin.

So to set the iframe, I’d put the iframe code in the hotspot description and then add an action to the hotspot setting the $hd to the empty text box element.

I’ll give that a go! Greatly appreciated as always. 👌