Embedding Video: Problem Photoshop: Dynamic media link server

Q&A about the latest versions
sndrgn

Hi at all, I want to start embedding videos in my panos, I find, this is an amazing feature. So I follow the steps of Hopkis video, but got unfortunately stuck at the photoshop import of the movie. First the progress bar pop up, then after some time the error message "Dynamic media link server not found" appears. I searched the web, it seems to be an Adobe problem that exists now really some years. So I tried these measures:

1. I tried several formats and (mp4 an mov) and different videos. It doesen't matter the file format nor the size.
2. I deactivated the GPU acceleration.
3. Deleted some preferences files following this hint: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photosho ... 569?page=1
4. Deinstalled Photoshop and installing the eldest possible version from 2018

Nothing helped. So now I have a client and promised to deliver the tour with embedded youtube-file within wednesday. I hope, that there is an easy solution for this, because I think, that embedded videos could be a very interesting feature for clients and I want to test and promote this.

Can anybody help me out?

thanks and regards, Chris
sndrgn

any idea? would be great.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Which version of Photoshop are you using?
I can not say I have experienced this before and I work on an MS Surface Go which is running Windows 10, then Mac Book Pro and an iMac with update macOS.
May be talking with Adobe will help, do you have Creative Cloud subscription?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
sndrgn

Hi Hopki, normally the latest version of photoshop, I tried as well an elder one, cc-subription I have. Seems to be an elder bug and up to now Adobe help couldn't help the other users. Ok, so I will try on my own, thanks. Chris
Hopki
Gnome

It's odd as I have it working with Windows and macOS, do you have another computer you can try it with?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
sndrgn

I have an elder iMac from 2010, only i would have to remove my cc-subscription from this mac. But this is an idea. thanks
sndrgn

Only to complete this issue: the solution is here to find:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroo ... 211?page=2

Hi, I've had the same or similar Lightroom issues with video playback/ import not working at all. Ive tried every solution ive come across online and none of it worked. After spending a few hours on the customer service chat, they remotely controlled my computer and eventually found a fix that worked. They did all the things I've tried so many times, and of course those didn't work again. Uninstalling with the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool didn't work the 1st try. But before trying again Cust. Support made a small change that made a big difference. CustSup first went to (on Mac) Library/Application Support/Adobe, and also ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe . Theres 2 library folders, the user library, and system library, both which have Application Support and Adobe folders inside. Then renamed both Adobe folders to "Adobe.old". And that's what fixed it! They then went on to run the Cleaner Tool to uninstall and then reinstalled CC and Lr. I was shocked to see everything working!! Videos played and new videos imported like normal again! I guess changing the Adobe folders to Adobe.old before reinstalling made it so any leftover files couldn't be recognized and maybe kept around to be used again in the reinstall. I was curious if this fix was mentioned anywhere on here since I've never came across it before. (or i wouldve tried it) I only found a post that this fix worked for someone having issues with the dynamiclink media server but for After Effects and Premire Pro instead. So i wanted to share what fixed it for me in hopes it might help others.
Hopki
Gnome

Nice, thanks for the followup.
Cheers,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com