Custom Skin Deleted with Update

Q&A about the latest versions
KAaron

I just updated to the latest version of Pano2VR, once opening it I discovered that my custom skin is gone.

Does the update delete them? If so could you warn us? Any hope of recovery? I can't find it on my hard drive.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi KAaron,
Pano2VR does not do this, on an update, it adds skins to the folder, as an example if you had V5 you would have a Simplex skin, upgrade to V6 and you will have the V5 Simplex skin and the additional Simplex_v6 skin.

Did you delete Pano2VR before you upgraded?
If not I can only assume there was a local problem but as said this does not happen normally.

If you open Pano2VR and go to Settings/Preferences then under the Files tab, right button click on the skins file path.
You can use Explorer (win) or Finder (mac) to open the skins folder, go back one level and are there any other skins folders?
I am wondering if the system renamed the folder and it just added a new one.
If you see more than one then you can open the old folder and copy your skins to the skins folder.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
KAaron

I have no idea. I did not delete the older version before installing, I let the install app take care of everything.

I knew where skins were stored and looked. No luck. Going forward I'll copy my skin to a separate folder, just in case.

I'm not sure there's anything else to say about this. My previous updates never deleted the skin.

If it happens again Ill let you know.

Thanks