Mutli-level menus for desktop and mobile

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
JRumball

Hi folks,

I am working on a large project in which I have managed to create a multi-level, bilingual menu, with sub-menus, that seems to working well now (finally) while viewed on desktop using a mouse.

However, the submenus are unusable on a mobile device using touch. I can operate the main menu but can't get to the submenu. How do I make the submenu "sticky" so that I can then touch a submenu option?

Ideally, I want this menu system to work equally well for both desktop and mobile.

Try it for yourself to see what I mean.

https://jerumballphotography.com/virtualtours/uostemp/

Thanks in advance.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I assume your using mouse enter and leave actions.
You can do one of two things.
1) mod the menu to work with click and use an action filter for Has Touch.

2) swap out the menu with one that works with touch screens, as an example: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14592

Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
JRumball

Thanks for the suggestions Martin.

I would love for you to expand on option 1 if you don't mind as I am not clear on how I would use "has touch". I know how to use action filters, just not clear on what you are meaning here.

In another post somewhere here, you include an example menu with skin (menu.zip). I have a look at it and it works perfectly on mobile and desktop, but I can't for the life of me figure out why. lol If I knew why it works, I would try to model my menu after it.

I'll keep plugging away but if you have a chance to respond this weekend that would be fantastic.

Thanks very much.

John