SOLVED. Devices, big issue when entering full screen mode

Q&A about the latest versions
Julien

Hello everyone,

:!: I have just noticed when using devices and entering full screen, the full-screen mode goes to hide my control bar - actually adding an extra ~80px which makes the control bar 'invisible'.
I've tried with a few projects I've got online and all are affected!
Just give a try on yours and you will see I guess...

I just gave a simple try with a fresh project on the built-in web server and it's making the problem still.

I've also noticed when anchoring my full-screen button to the middle of my canvas (I usually add all my buttons at the bottom) the middle full-screen mode doesn't seem to change position after entering full screen...

Awaiting for feedback

Regards,
Julien
Last edited by Julien on Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mac, pro version always updated :)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Julien,
Can you give us more details like which device, do you see it on desktop, tablet or phone?
Do you have a link to a project that does this?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Julien

Hi Hopki ,

Yes sure.
- All my tours have been built on a Mac and using the latest P2VR version.
- Bugs happen on my Android phone and tablet (I don't have an iOS device)

Have a look at this sample test, I have added only the full-screen element.
https://360production.asia/360-preview/lucky-twin/
When entering full-screen mode, the full-screen element goes off of the screen - I haven't input any logic block to the element position when entering full screen.

Also, I've a few tours online and I am 100% sure that sometimes ago this issue was not happening.

Regards,
Julien
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2020-10-26 à 7.12.10 AM.jpg
Capture d’écran 2020-10-26 à 7.12.10 AM.jpg (331.11 KiB) Viewed 3092 times
Branigan

Just being nosey to see what others are doing. ;) Nice panoramas and the resolution of the images is impressively high. Being able to reading the text on the whisky bottle was interesting. :)

Works fine for me on a PC using Firefox, on an Android phone in both portrait and landscapes modes using Firefox and Opera. The full screen controls were always available.

Found a small possible buglet on the Flatiron tour on the website with the slideout map. Although it changes sizes with width and height of the browser window, it can get confused and show a large map on a small window. Drag the sides of the browser windows around to be tall and thin or short and fat and it's possible to get the map larger than the screen at a smaller size than when the browser windows is larger. i.e. a large map that becomes small as the window enlarges, then gets larger again. It might be the order of the logic block checks for the sizes? I had mine upside down at one point and you also have to check for window height as well as width, which needs some javascript to extract the two values. Also at some point it got stuck and just showed the full sized map whatever size the browser windows was and didn't shrink again (Firefox browser on PC). Might not actually be a 'real world problem', as generally people don't resize their browsers repetedly into odd sizes. :) I was just doing that because that's what I do to test my maps and overlays worked properly.

Have you thought of adding a 1 second transition to the size changes, so that when you rotate a mobile phone from portrait to landscape and back again it shrinks or grows smoothly instead of jumping to the new size?
Julien

Hi Branigan,

You're right mate being curious :) Always good to me hearing feedback!

I am more than surprised about this full screen mode issue which is still ongoing on my devices and on -most- of some friends of mine devices :shock:
Found a small possible buglet on the Flatiron tour
Just saw it too. Nice of you going to my website and looking around :) Thanks for your tips '1 second transition' I will definitely keep it in mind!

Best,
Julien
Neal

Julien,
Try making this change to the viewport meta tag. It's located in the index.html file. I think it will work, but I'm not 100% sure. I added height=device-height. It should report the device height to the browser and CSS.

Code: Select all

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, height=device-height, initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0" />
Let us know if that works
Branigan

Julien wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:32 am
I am more than surprised about this full screen mode issue which is still ongoing on my devices and on -most- of some friends of mine devices :shock:
Could any of the devices have a display setting >100% or <100% anywhere? To see what can really harsh your mellow, view on a PC (I'm using Firefox) and Press CTRL and + or CTRL and - a few times. :|

BTW, it didn't affect the position of your controls on my PC, it just made them look massive or tiny, which I'm currently trying to find out how to prevent, or be informed about and compensate for.
Julien

Solved.

The problem was actually coming from my devices.
I have factory reset both of them and now the issue is no more :roll:

Very strange to me, as before I did the full reset I know that all my devices web browsers were updated. Interesting...

Best,
Julien
Neal

Julien wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:41 am Solved.

The problem was actually coming from my devices.
I have factory reset both of them and now the issue is no more :roll:

Very strange to me, as before I did the full reset I know that all my devices web browsers were updated. Interesting...

Best,
Julien
Do a double and a triple-check that this worked. It is unlikely that two devices would have the same issue at the same time and both are resolved by a reset.
Julien

Hi Neal,
Yes I did double/triple checked and everything is working fine back again.
I know, it's weired for me too :shock:

Julien