Creating 2 versions of the same tour

Q&A about the latest versions
Neal

I need to create a tour with branded and nonbranded versions. Everything is the same except for a few items in the skin being hidden. What I did was create the tour, changed the name of the index.html and skin.js to index-branded.html and skin-branded.js. Then manually edited the index-branded file to point at the skin-branded code. Then I re-outputed the pano using the default file names. Now if I point the link at index-branded.html I get a branded version and if the link points at index.html I get a nonbranded version.

Is there a better way to do that? Something without all the renaming and manual editing.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Neal,
Two thoughts,
1) use an external true/false variable and the bits should hide would be visible if the variable is true.
When you're ready for the unbranded version, just use the skin configuration and deselect the variable which will output with the element hidden.

2) Use a logic block to hide the elements for the unbranded version but use the Host Logic block, I take it the outputs will be hoasted on different websites.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Neal

Both versions will be on my site. One link goes out from the MLS system. They don't allow branding. The other is a link from my site or the agent's site, for those, I can do want I want.

Is there a means of parsing a query string from the URL within the interface? So I can do something like www.example.com/pano/index.html?branded=true
Then bring in the branded value as a variable.