Can't change tour node/tag

Q&A about the latest versions
Neal

In the skin editor, the software is not letting me change the Tour Node/Tage. I change it, and the system changes it back after a few moments. What am I doing wrong?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I have no idea, this sounds very odd,
Can you tell me what element and where you change this, node marker, cloner etc?
Are you able to make a screen recording so we can see it?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Neal

It's a node marker in the skin. Trying to change the Tour Node under Node Marker.

Screen Shoot:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqEQcqkNN-YYiq8wzoF ... g?e=96GqTH
Neal

Clearly I am missing some setting, likely something very simple. But I can't seem to figure out what it is.

Any suggestions?
Neal

Still trying to get this to work.

Been trying now for a day to get this to work and I'm getting aggravated, both at not being able to determine why this isn't working and not getting any help.

What do I need to do to get this to freekin' work
Branigan

Neal wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:37 pm Still trying to get this to work.

Been trying now for a day to get this to work and I'm getting aggravated, both at not being able to determine why this isn't working and not getting any help.

Not to get your hopes up: I don't know either. :)

This recent advice from Hopki though:

"...the forum is classed as self-help, the community helping each other. If you do not get any answers or no one knows the answer then e-mail to support.
I/we as it's not just me tend to have periods where I am busy in other areas so it may be a few days before I can get to the forum, but then I will spend a day/evening going through it targeting new unanswered posts first."

Try emailing support@ggnome.com

Best of luck.
Neal

Branigan wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:03 pm
Neal wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:37 pm Still trying to get this to work.

Not to get your hopes up: I don't know either. :)

This recent advice from Hopki though:

"...the forum is classed as self-help, the community helping each other. If you do not get any answers or no one knows the answer then e-mail to support.
I/we as it's not just me tend to have periods where I am busy in other areas so it may be a few days before I can get to the forum, but then I will spend a day/evening going through it targeting new unanswered posts first."

Try emailing support@ggnome.com

Best of luck.
Thanks, I sent off an email.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Had an e-mail asking this same question.
This is fixed in the next point release but the workaround is if you want to change the node, first deselect the node by selecting where it says, Enter Tag.
Then select the required node.
You just can not select a new node directly.
Please see the attached video.
Regards,
Attachments
NodeMarker.mp4
(3.67 MiB) Downloaded 117 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Neal

I'm not surprised, since I sent the email. Just for the record, it was back in Aug and you did help me promptly. So the reply to the above message doesn't indicate you took a long time to answer.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Neal,
We have had others with the same issue after your e-mail with the last one today.
The last one referenced this post so people are searching for the issue which is good.
I added the workaround post so they know whats going on and save them e-mailing in.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com