CSS & Javascript Transitions

Q&A about the latest versions
Neal

I was playing around, seeing what I could all do with this software. A little bit of javascript, a little bit of CSS and you can make some cool transitions. Here is an example of what I came up with. Each node has a different transition. This is meant to show the transitions, not the property. It is for use here only.

https://hvolnew.com/Pano/transitions/output/index.html
Last edited by Neal on Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
360Texas

Yes, transitions are a great option. But remember please.... while presentation is essential but FIRST and FOREMOST show the product. It is not so much how you present ... as it is seeing what the client is buying. The buyer is spending their money to purchase the property... not the presentation.

Just being honest.... Hope this helps
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Neal

360Texas wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:59 pm Yes, transitions are a great option. But remember please.... while presentation is essential but FIRST and FOREMOST show the product. It is not so much how you present ... as it is seeing what the client is buying. The buyer is spending their money to purchase the property... not the presentation.

Just being honest.... Hope this helps
While I agree that showing the product is the most important, I don't understand what that comment has to do with this thread. That presentation was nothing more than a means of showing the transitions here, it wasn't meant for a sales presentation.

I thought others might find them interesting.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Neal,
I am a child of the sixties and find this very funky :lol:
Not that I remember much about the sixties.
Can you share your workflow?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Neal

Hopki wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:29 pm Hi Neal,
I am a child of the sixties and find this very funky :lol:
Not that I remember much about the sixties.
Can you share your workflow?
Regards,
It involves a little bit of intermediate CSS and Javascript. It is a combination of CSS filters and transition settings, with javascript triggers. On the body element set the filter options to their default values. Use CSS transition to set the timing for half of the pano transition. To the node click event, add javascript to change one or more of the filter options. If you want a blur effect with a fade to black, set the brightness to 0 and the blur to 50px. The transition that was set in the CSS will determine the time it takes for those effects to complete. Using a timeout function, trigger a node change, and have the javascript return the filter values back to default.

The sequence is:
1) Node icon click
2) Transition fade in
3) node change
4) transition fade out

Since I was using this to show some of the various transitions that were possible, I added some additional code to tie the effect to the specific nodes. You normally wouldn't want to mix transitions in a presentation. So that code is unnecessary.

for those interested:

The CSS

Code: Select all

body {
				height:100%;
				margin: 0px;
				overflow:hidden; /* disable scrollbars */
				-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); /* remove highlight on tab for iOS/Android */
				filter:
					blur(0px)
					brightness(1)
					contrast(1)
					grayscale(0)
					hue-rotate(0deg)
					invert(0)
					opacity(1)
					saturate(1)
					sepia(0);
				transition: filter 3s ;
			}
The Javascript:

Code: Select all

At the beginning of the skin.js
let body = document.getElementById('body');
body.style.filter = "brightness(1) blur(0px) contrast(1) grayscale(0) hue-rotate(0deg) invert(0) opacity(1) saturate(1) sepia(0)";

me._ht_node.onclick=function (e) {
			let body=document.getElementById('body');
			let nextNode=me.hotspot.url;
			body.style.filter = "brightness(4) blur(0px) contrast(1) grayscale(0) hue-rotate(0deg) invert(0) opacity(1) saturate(1) sepia(0)";
			setTimeout(function(){
				pano.openNext(nextNode);
				body.style.filter = "brightness(1) blur(0px) contrast(1) grayscale(0) hue-rotate(0deg) invert(0) opacity(1) saturate(1) sepia(0)";
			},1000)				
Josh

No dice in FF I'm afraid. Just shows a white screen with the hotspots floating on it.

Checked it in Chrome and yeah, those are some funky transitions, thanks for sharing. Nice house too...
Neal

Josh wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:30 am No dice in FF I'm afraid. Just shows a white screen with the hotspots floating on it.

Checked it in Chrome and yeah, those are some funky transitions, thanks for sharing. Nice house too...
I checked it in Firefox, it does work. Everything I used is compatible with the current browsers. Really the only issue would be IE9 and the mini version of Opera (Opera Mini).
Josh

Neal wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:38 am
Josh wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:30 am No dice in FF I'm afraid. Just shows a white screen with the hotspots floating on it.

I checked it in Firefox, it does work. Everything I used is compatible with the current browsers. Really the only issue would be IE9 and the mini version of Opera (Opera Mini).
Hmm. It's working on the laptop, manjaro/ff. Must be something up with the windows rig. Might warrant some testing before you deploy to a wide market but that is up to you :)

J
Branigan

Neal wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:23 pm I was playing around, seeing what I could all do with this software. A little bit of javascript, a little bit of CSS and you can make some cool transitions. Here is an example of what I came up with. Each node has a different transition. This is meant to show the transitions, not the property. It is for use here only.

https://hvolnew.com/Pano/transitions/output/index.html
Not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing, but I'm not getting any actual panoramas, just the hotspots and thumbnails. Although clicking on each of those does do something different each time and I can see colour effects blurs etc. applied to the thumbnails.

I'd be very interested on how you're doing them, as anything would be an improvement on the standard transitions, especially as they're broken if you set FoV Mode:Diagonal.

I'd actually be happy with a simple short Zoom in, fading into another short Zoom in to the next pano. Sort of a poor man's Matterport. :) But although you can select that in Pano2vr, it doesn't work. If you haven't seen my video about this, it's here: https://youtu.be/d20hJKu_q2w
Neal

@Josh, @Branigan, What version of FireFox are you running? Firefox reports this working on all recent versions and I can't reproduce it.
360Texas

Pano2VR content needs OpenGL. Check to see if your FireFox version is 80-81.

80 - 81 contains OpenGL

https://caniuse.com/#search=openGL
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Neal,
I just tested your link in Firefox (79.0 (64-bit), Mac 10.15.6.
It opens really slow and it is unresponsive.
If I go to pan the image nothing happens for a few seconds then it starts to rotate in steps.
Works fine in Chrome and Safari.

ScreenFlow.gif
ScreenFlow.gif (6.23 MiB) Viewed 3565 times

If I make the browser window much smaller it start to be more responsive.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Neal

Thanks for the help guys. I did some research. According to Chrome, Edge and Firefox they all handle the filter CSS properly correctly and properly. Of course, as is typical, they define correct differently. It appears that Firefox, under specific conditions modifies the position of the child elements for the container with the filter applied. This resulted in the player going elsewhere.

I have modified where the filter is applied, so I hope it will resolve the issue. I have checked it on my side, but it appears to have a hardware aspect.

@Hopkin - tell me how this works - https://hvolnew.com/Pano/2447-Hwy-N/pano.html
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Neal,
There are no transitions effects but the pano moves as it should.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Neal

Hopki wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:34 pm Hi Neal,
There are no transitions effects but the pano moves as it should.
Regards,
Thanks.
Try the initial link again. I made a change to how the filter is applied. I don't think if will help, however.

The Javascript code is short and tied to an onClick event. It shouldn't affect panning or anything else. Is sounds like something to do with how Firefox on Mac handles the filter CSS effect. I'll see if there is a workaround.