Inserting the first frame of video-patch in the panorama

Q&A about the latest versions
panox

How can I insert the initial image of the video converted from a patch into the panorama so that it is immediately visible when the panorama is displayed?
I want to avoid that the video is shortly displayed after the panorama image. First the viewer sees the panorama and after a few fractions of a second the video patch appears.

An example:

https://pano.szenerien.de/XPhase_Pro_S/ ... index.html

Is it possible to convert the video patch into an image patch and then output the panorama with the image patch and then continue using it with the video patch?
LProbert

Indeed this is exactly what you want to do. Place an image patch over the top of your video patch. Why do you need to do this though?
You will need to hide the image patch when you need the media to play. You'll have to bind the visibility to a variable and set it to true or false on demand.
LProbert

I really should read posts in full before commenting. So, it is the flash of the video that you don't want to see? Have you tried hiding it using the visibility beforehand? The image over the top should be sufficient, but you may also get a short flash as this loads. The only other solution would be a transition black screen fade between nodes to give them time to load.
panox

Thank you for your suggestions! I'll try it out.