replace tiles with animation

Q&A about the latest versions
Rene Falk Thomasius

hi @ all,

i have a question.

i want to replace single tiles that are created as stills with animation sequences.
is that possible within the software PanoVR?

background. i have for example a 360 panorama still like this one (a 3d rendering).

in this 3d rendering i want to replace one or more of the tiles created by PanoVR with animation sequences.(like numbered image sequences and/or mp4)
the idea behind this is not to run the whole environment as animation, but only parts of it.

Thanks for the answer.

Rene
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Rene,
The problem I foresee is if you have many MP4 videos it will cause a slowdown.
How large are the tiles you want to replace?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Rene Falk Thomasius

@Hopki

Hi, thanks for your answer. The idea is that the environment itself is a still image and we only create the areas in which we want to have animations take place so that we can replace them seamlessly. This means that in 3d programs you can render the panoramas directly in the correct form, and could then as an idea replace only those areas of the tiles your software creates with those in which animation actually takes place. Example. On the floor of my interior scene a car is driving in a circle. this car will only ever be seen in certain tiles. for these tiles i would like to replace the still tile with an image sequence or a h264 mp4. I wanted to know if this is possible within your software as an option. That it works in general is clear to me. Can you tell me something about it?

greetnx Rene :)
Rene Falk Thomasius

Hopki wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:01 pm Hi Rene,
The problem I foresee is if you have many MP4 videos it will cause a slowdown.
How large are the tiles you want to replace?
Regards,
context

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JdH8fZYLMw

greetnx rene