start panorama levels

sndrgn

Hi out there,

is there a way to define the startpano for every level? If you click in Street View the level buttons on the right, this targetpano I want to define.

thanks and regards, Chris
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Chris,
You can use the tag to do this.
As an example using the tags, G and F, ground and first.

Link all the ground floor nodes.
Then link all the first floor nodes.

Then tag the node on the ground floor with G that should have the elevator buttons.
Then tag the connecting first floor node with F.
As these are the only nodes with level tags these will be the nodes used when moving up and down.

So, in short, you do not need to tag all panoramas on a given floor with the level tag, only the node that should have the elevator buttons.
Also, you need to observe the rule that looking down connecting nodes using levels should not be any further than 5 meters apart.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
sndrgn

Hi Hopki, thanks for answering quickly. :-) I have left the tags for the levels at there place and added to the entry-panos of the levels a new tag "G_start" and "F_start" and added these new tags to the levels in streetview export. But it seems not possible to set the target view for the entry-panos.
Hopki
Gnome

HI,
You can try setting the Default View so when it opens it's looking where it should.
This may or may not work as Google says if viewing in Maps a random view is how it should work and is a Feature!
However, setting a default view does work when viewing from your account.

If you change the default view of any panoramas you will need to remove them from Google Street View first, wait at least 30 minutes to an hour then upload the new images.

Then wait for the links to form.
But you to you knowing the status of Google's service at the moment.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
sndrgn

Thanks for the tip to wait an hour before re-uploading the pics. I removed now the tours completely and will upload everything again later this evening.
sndrgn

seems that Google is facing connecting problems again. Most of the navigation arrows are there, but some are missing completely and the levels do not appear neither... I will try it this evening again. It is quite unsatisfactory sometimes :-/
Hopki
Gnome

please see: viewtopic.php?f=24&p=60126#p60126
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
sndrgn

ok, good to know, thanks. The case is, that every new upload other navigation arrows are missing. So what can I do now and how do I get to know, when everything's working again fine? I visited the streetview trusted-forum and saw your post there.
sndrgn

Now after several days all is working fine except the levels. I noticed that my way to choose the entry pano for the levels is working, yes, but that the levels are missing when other panos are shown :-/ So back again and tag all panos with the same level tag.