Aligning menu buttons after editing

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
nexusmedia

Hi,

I'm really hoping someone can help me with this, as it should be so simple, yet I'm clearly missing something.

I've watched the 'Introduction to the Skin Editor' video multiple times, and yet the process of aligning the menu buttons eludes me. All I want to do is remove the projection_buttons folder from the menu and realign the remaining button to fill the gap. Following the instructions in the video I've adjusted the grid and enabled 'Snap to Grid'. After deleting the projection_buttons folder I've then attempted to distribute the remaining buttons using 'Distribute Elements / Horizontal Centers', which is where it starts to go wrong, and they just bunch up together.

I've tried selecting the leftmost zoom button THEN selecting all the others in case there was a precedence to the order of doing things, but to no avail. I know I'm missing something really simple, and know once I've mastered the skin editor I'll be able to do great things as it is clearly very powerful. I just wish it was more intuitive.

I've attached a video for clarity. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)
Attachments
pano2vr-skin-editor.mp4
(6.22 MiB) Downloaded 144 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi nexusphoto,
If you want to edit the skin then use the Skin Configuration button:

1.png
1.png (22.07 KiB) Viewed 2565 times

You can then change the colours and add remove buttons without having to open the skin editor:

2.png
2.png (117.03 KiB) Viewed 2565 times

Please note the skins that come with Pano2VR can be edited but only if you know what you are doing.
As an example, each button moves position depending on the Skin Configuration Button, if you move them in the skin then they will still change position depending on the settings.

It is better to start a new skin, then use the Components Toolbox to bud your own skin if you want to really modify a skin.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
nexusmedia

Hopki you're a star! I knew the solution would be something simple, just needed to know where to look :)

After I posted this I pored over some other posts and saw one where you mentioned the skins that come with Pano2vr have complex settings applied. I created a copy of a skin and edited that, however, I'll create my own from scratch hereon in.

Thanks again Hopki :)

Btw, any update on UK training workshops? Would love a whole day or two getting deep into the nuts and bolts of Pano2vr.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
If we can get a few more people interested in the UK then we can look at the locations and then see where best to run it.
Cheers,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/