Offline Android

Q&A about the latest versions
APhillips

Hi, I'm looking for the process to have an offline tour working on an Android device. Is there any clear guidance anywhere as I have found a couple of topics mentioning some very confusing methods. This facility is key to me purchasing a pro license. Please help asap.
APhillips

Hi, can anyone assist with this please?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
In the German forum but guy also speaks English: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14204
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
APhillips

Thanks, appreciated
sebastian_knopf

Hi APhillips,

thank you for your interest. As I've seen, Hopki already posted a link to my own thread in the German forum. If you need any kind of advice in using the app, feel free to ask of course!

Currently I got in trouble with Google Play store, because they don't want to accept my credit card to pay the developer fee. Maybe I'll find a workaround for this and will also be able to publish the app in Google's Play Store. As soon as I solved this problem, I'll reply here again.

If you use the app, please be aware of the only very basic functionality. I would be glad to hear some little feedback or enhancement from you.

Best regards
Sebastian
APhillips

Hi Sebastian

With a bit of a struggle (lack of knowledge on my part) I managed to get the APP onto an android device. I have loaded on my Pano2VR tour and it is visible in the APP however, when I tap to open the tour the APP just closes with a message saying it has stopped working. Frustrating as I feel we are so close now to things being fit for purpose.

Any thoughts?.

Regards
Adrian
sebastian_knopf

Hi Adrian,

that seems to be a bug in the app. Just that I get it right: The app displays the preview image in the overview and when you tap on the preview image,
the app closes. Does it close immediately or does it load something at first?

When I imagine this, I think about two possible problems immediately:
  • Does your device offer enough memory space to ensure that the GGPKG archive can be unpacked properly? It should be at least several 100MB, regarding to the size of your tour.
  • Which Version of Pano2VR are you using to create your tours? Maybe there's an issue with the config file in the GGPKG archive.
However, I'm comfident, that there's some solution or workaround with this problem! As soon as I can publish the app on Google Play Store, you can download it from this again and hit "Report" on the error message, I receive the full error messages via Google Play Store and can retrace the point where the error raises up. Alternative: I you're in a hurry, maybe you can send me an example tour GGPKG file (via PN, Mail, Dropbox, Filelink, etc...), so I can have a closer look into what happened here.

Regards
Sebastian
SebaPL

Hi Sebastian
I have downloaded nad unpacked the file however i am having trouble finding executive file in orders to start installation.
Would you please post a manual or just explain how to do it?
Many thanks in advance!
Cheers
Seba
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.panostudio.pl
sebastian_knopf

Hi Seba,

I don't understand what you mean with 'Unpacked Package' actually. Did you download the APK file from GitHub? If so, you should not unpack it rather than store it on your device and try to open it.

Currently the app is in approvement by Google so it should be available within the next few days in Google's Play Store, then you don't have to install the app manually.

Regards
Sebastian
SebaPL

Hallo Sebastian
Apologies for confusion, I have first downloaded all zipped files as I could not find apk file. Now I found it and installed.
The app is loading fine,shows the thumbs of available ggpkgs, when I choose the ggpkg package to open the app crushes and closes :(
I am using Samsung Android 8.0.version samsung Experience 9.0.
MfG
Seba
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.panostudio.pl
sebastian_knopf

Okay this issue seems to be common over the newer Android versions... I tested with Android 6 and Android 5.1 and it alsways worked fine.

Please wait until Google releases the app into play store, so you can download the app on regulary way again . When the wpp crashes, hit the report button, so I'll receive the detailled error message and can have a look where the error occurs exactly. Maybe its just a small issue with newer Android versions.

I'll check that ASAP and let you know about any progress. Alternatively you can also send me your GGPKG file and I can load it in development environment, maybe thats a little faster.

Regards
Sebastian
sebastian_knopf

Well folks, I found the issue. This was something very special introduced in newer Android versions, which I didn't face already. Now it works for Android > N too, I tested it on one real device with Android 9 and three virutal device emulators running Android 8 & 9.

Sadly you must still download the APK file, since Google hasn't done anything with my publish request in the Play Store. The download URL is: https://github.com/sebastianknopf/Garde ... tag/v1.1.3. You know, download the APK file and load it on your target device to install or update... :-)

I'll inform you when the app is available in Google Play Store.

Regards
Sebastian
SebaPL

Hallo Sebastian
Vielen dank! It is now working , tested on my own tour.
I will also check that on Huwaei Tab 10 tablet.
Thanks a lot for sharing that with us!
Good luck with your studies.
Cheers
Seba
www.panostudio.pl
sebastian_knopf

Hi Seba,

thank you for your (positive) reply and your wishes :-)
I'm glad to see that it works properly now.

Regards
Sebastian
sebastian_knopf

Hi there,

the app is now available in Googles Play Store. To find it, simply search for "GardenGnome Panorama Viewer" or follow this link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ewer&hl=de

Regards
Sebastian