Viewport -sensitive visibility of images

Q&A about the latest versions
hvmedia

Dear Garden-Gnome-Team,

i am one of those ptp to pano2vr switchers. now i want to rebuild my over the years grown tours.
one important element is to be able to change visibility of my poi-images in my panorama when it is very crowded.

i want all poi not within 5 or 10 or 20° degree of viewing angle to be not-visibile and when i turn my view they become visible once they are within this 5 or 10 or 20° angle.

is this possible with images inside an panorama? maybe with a image/hotspot template inside the skin-editor?

thank you for you help
with kind regards
felix
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Felix,
This can be done in Pano2VR 6 pro but takes a bit of work.
This is addressed in the next major upgrade but this is way off.

For now, what you need is an expression in the logic block for each hotspot.
Have a look at this Alpha logic block. The alpha of the hotspot image is 0 with a transition timer of 0.5.
When the panorama rotates to the hotspot that will go to node3 and the pan angle is in between -26.39 and -15.9 then the hotspot image will fade in. Note, in the logic block it is <= -15.9 and >= -26.39.
So if the pan angle is less than or equal to -15.96 but more than or equal to -26.39 then do something.

Screenshot 2020-02-10 at 16.39.55.png
Screenshot 2020-02-10 at 16.39.55.png (88.79 KiB) Viewed 1378 times

The expression also has two more conditions, the Node ID, this is the ID of the current node, so in this case node2.
Then the hotspot URL: $(hu), in this case, the one that points to node3.

So the complete expression is:
If you are in node2, and the hotspot is going to node3 and you are between pan angles -26.39 and -15.96 then fade in the hotspot image to Alpha 1.00.

Of course, you would start from node1 so the first expression will be:

Screenshot 2020-02-10 at 16.54.24.png
Screenshot 2020-02-10 at 16.54.24.png (56.51 KiB) Viewed 1378 times

Which goes to node2.
Use the Green Plus button to add more expressions.

To help you, if you select the Viewing Parameters panel you can see your Current Pan Angle.
I used a text document to make a note of all the pan angles, then it was just a case of copying the expression and adding the values for each hotspot.
Please see working example attached.

Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
test_project.zip
(59.24 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
hvmedia

thank you very much! this behavior is the one i am looking for - except not for hotspots but for placed images inside the panorama

what placeholder i need to adress inside the skin-editor for placed images?

i have pinned images like this into the panorama:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWW67Bx2lME

and now i want them to be visible/invisible like you shown me with the hotspots before

regards,
felix