Image - details - zooming

Q&A about the latest versions
Dhei

I would like to present certain details in full zoomed size. The pano pictures should be taken at a distance of min. 1 m I am told. (?) To go closer I shoot normal pictures which I link using the "Image" options: size: 4032/3024, click modus: unfold. But when browsing the picture opens up to its full size. Because laptop screens are a limitation, the images are not blown up to their full size.
Ctrl-mouse-scroll does not work for further zooming in. Any idea how pictures can be zoomed in? Bigger than their resolution? Or should I add several pictures which have different resolutions? Thank you for advicing in advance.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I may be missing something here but as an example are you saying that you have a panorama with say pictures in, you want to be able to zoom in to a picture on the wall and show it in high quality.

Or are you saying you want to be able to zoom in to any part of the pano?

My thoughts are to take high-quality photos and use image hotspots.
Or if you need to be able to over zoom into any part set this up in the viewing parameters.
As an example set Min to 3.0 pixels.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Dhei

Sorry for not being specific enough - your first thought is right.
The room is about 5m x 1,5m and along the walls are communication cabinets (lot of cables and equipment). Taking pictures with the 360 cameras results in a warped browsing experience. The panorame is good for a rough overview. As you mention we can adjust with the pixel-zoom settings. But linked high resolution images cannot be looked at in their full size. The laptop screen resolution (size) limits the reproduction size of the picture when using Click-modus unfold 100%.
The pictures is shown
When trying to zoom in using the Ctrl+mouse-scroll it only affects the panorama background. Is there a way to open the pictures within a frame which can be scrolled (handles right and at the bottom).
I am looking for a feature like this: Picture properties ¦ Click modus: unfold 200%, 300%, 400% - or even better - hand this option to the enduser.
Ohhhh I just stumbled into it - when using only "unfold" then the picture is shown in full size - but it is turned about 90 degrees and a big part is cut off - Ctrl+mouse-scroll are working ;-) but no scrolling frame handles ;-( this means that zoomin etc. is always centered.

Thank you for answering in advance.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Why not just have image hotspots and click to open high-quality stills of the cabinets?

If you want higher resolution images you can add them as "flat image" nodes or even bring them in using an iframe.
This will make the high-resolution flat images multiresolution for fast loading.

Just some thoughts but you can have one pano with Poly hotspots opening the flat image, then a back button in the skin to return to the 360 panorama.
Using a tag you can hide the back button when it's showing the 360 panorama, when you open a flat image you then see the back button.
But as said you can also use an iframe to display the flat images using direct node access.
Just some thoughts.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Dhei

Thank you - I am still not there (newbie) to get the details right. I am going through the training of Th. Bredenfeld, hoping to find the key. Thank you
Dhei

I am still struggling to bring in these high resolution pictures
When importing pictures as tour node:
- the imported pictures of 2 different smartphones are turned by 90 degrees within Pano2VR as in the browser. The pictures are displayed correctly on the smartphones as within Windows 10. I do not find the key to keep them glued upright.
- is there a chance to use different icons (svg) for nodes like a "target" for panoramas and the "magnifying glass" for flat pictures?

When using iframe - where to place to code
Thank you
Hopki
Gnome

HI Dhei,
If when you import an image into Pano2VR it is rotated then that's because it contains orientation data.
What you need to do is open it in Photoshop or similar application that supports EXIF orientation, then rotate the image to the correct view and then save.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Dhei

0x0112 tag - too bad that Pano2VR does not solve this as suboption of flat projection.
Funny - is this smartphone (right_top) orientation because of the wallets?
Hmm an additional option to show flat images initially in full presentation would also help
(neglecting the dependency of the browser window dimensions) - thank you
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
This is already in the bug tracker as a feature request.

With regards to borderless flat images, this is an option in the viewing parameters.
Please see: https://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/6/panel-viewing-para/
Nearer to the bottom of this page it talks about Flat Image settings.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com