Point Hotspots,Full Screen and Different Browsers

Q&A about the latest versions
Robert Harshman

After a bit of monkey business :) I was able to get the point hotspots working as noted and it's great, really a wonderful feature that has all kinds of potential beyond just simple hotspots.

My first simple test is from the link below.

http://www.robertharshman.com/JW/333/AVRFS/lr1.html

One of the things I've found so far is how each browser is working or not working with this sample. I would like a bit more feedback on how it works for you, please note your browser and Mac or Windows (version). I'm assuming you have Flash 10.

I've tested it so far on Windows XP and Vista on a couple of different machines with Firefox, IE7 and Safari and it just confirms how little you can actually control the user experience when publishing to the internet.

The computer and GPU makes a huge difference on how fast the VRs autorotate and the browsers each have their own hiccups.

Firefox 3 seems not to want to autorotate if taken full screen but the hotspots work as intended. IE7 does not seem to support alpha channel control unless taken full screen and Safari seems to rotate slower than the other two and also sometimes seem to stop autorotation when taken full screen.

Let me know what you think.

Regards,

Robert Harshman
www.robertharshman.com
360Texas

Works great from where I sit. I really appreciate the hotspot text being 50% dimmed. Allows me to view the room with out hotspot text obstruction. Transition from one room to next seems to be a bit jerky... It slides right in 2 seconds than jumps straight to the pano. Maybe that is the next pano being loaded.

Yes those dimmed hotspots make this tour work for you. You know they are there without being in the viewers way.

Great work ! IE 7 on a Quad core and a 22" and 24" samsung.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Robert Harshman

thanks for the compliment Dave.

So, are you saying in IE7 the text hotspots are dimmed when you view the VR's NOT in full screen mode?

Regards,

Robert
smooth

I.E7 with Flash 10 no problem normal or fullscreen
FF3.03 with Flash 10 no problem normal or fullscreen

Windows XP SPIII

All hotspots work and so does autorotation.

Not sure why you have text above the menu bar? You can't click it!
Could test on Vista for you but have to switch computers.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Robert Harshman

Hi Smooth,

Thanks for testing, have to figure out why my IE7 has the problem in "regular" screen and FF 3 also seems to fail on autorotation when taken into full screen.

And the text above the menu bar is a active "button" that should also take you to full screen.

Regards,

Robert
smooth

Hi Robert,

Yes, it does enable fullscreen and back again but the mouse cursor doesn't change like it does over the the other menu options.

Regards, Smooth 8)
nightingal

Hello,

this is exactly what Im looking for. How did you manage to connect the VRs? It would be great if you can make some tutorial from making the panos like the one youve posted.

Thanks Mike
360Texas

Mike, welcome to the forum.

For Pano2vr scroll down to bottom "Hotspots" and view tutorials 1 through 5. Also review the Skin Editor tutorial.

Its a matter of hotspot linking to individual html pages containing the different panoramas

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/tutorial.php

Hope that helps
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com