Pinned Image Hotspot Glitch

Q&A about the latest versions
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi,

First off just want to say thanks to the Pano2vr team for all their hard work at addressing user issues and for fixing the Pinned Image Hotspot "take over the entire scene" when panning left or right issue :-)

However I am now noticing that regardless of the image hotspot size, when panning left or right of the hotspot, the image disappears and then reappears when panning back to the image.

Here is a video to illustrate what i am referring to:

https://youtu.be/fO0ko2bGFiY

Any suggestions? Thanks!
TButtrick

This is the same problem that I am getting, I posted a question about this last week and have had no reply.

I really need a solution for this as soon as possible.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
I can not reproduce the issue.
Can someone send their project in to support so we can take a look?
Also, make sure you tell us which version you are using and which platform you are on.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
nicksette

Can someone please explain the "Pinned Image Hotspot "take over the entire scene" when panning left or right issue"? I think I might be dealing with that, and I can not find any info on this on the forum. Any help would be appreciated!
TheRealMojoJojo

nicksette wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:30 am Can someone please explain the "Pinned Image Hotspot "take over the entire scene" when panning left or right issue"? I think I might be dealing with that, and I can not find any info on this on the forum. Any help would be appreciated!

yes, this was an issue with earlier version but has been fixed in the latest version. As you panned towards the pinned image, it would suddenly enlarge to an insane size and make the tour unusable. It has been fixed though thankfully :-) Just need to update to the most recent version and all will be well in the world again :-)
nicksette

Ok, I'm actually dealing with a different glitch. In my case, pinned images become 'unpinned', but it only occurs when gyro is turned on. I'll explain:

Ive created a virtual tour of a museum exhibition.

Text panels on the wall of the gallery are embedded as pinned images. Touching these panels makes them pop out at 100%. Touching the panel again returns the pinned image to its spot on the wall.

However, when the gyro function is enabled, the pinned images sometimes become 'unpinned' from it's original location. The image gets 'stuck' wherever it ends up. As you look around using the gyro, the panel stays on that spot on the screen, rather than the gallery wall. Image attached
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (177.7 KiB) Viewed 5596 times
TheRealMojoJojo

That is definitely a different issue 😆 Yeah I have no idea about that one my friend. If no one else replies today I will check to see if I can duplicate the issue on my end when I get home.

Super strange :shock:
Hopki
Gnome

Hi nicksette,
I have tested this and am not seeing anything wrong.
Can I ask you to make a single node project with your pinned images that shows the problem and send it to support, e-mail below?
I will then see if I can reproduce the problem and if so have something to show the developers.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
nicksette

Thanks, Hopki. Will do.

The issue is intermittent, but several people ran into in testing and I've experienced it myself. I can't find any pattern or reason for it, but it seems to be related to the gyro.

I'll send through a project and see what you get :)
nicksette

Actually, if it helps in the meantime, the full tour has been published on our website:
https://pukeariki.com/museum/exhibition ... tual-tour/

One separate issue, but maybe worth mentioning here: the tour does not seem to work in Internet Explorer
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I am seeing lots of errors on your website:

Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 15.55.55.png
Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 15.55.55.png (244.69 KiB) Viewed 5540 times

Why are you using single resolution? Really slows down loading.
But this all said even with your link I still do not see this issue, can anyone else following this thread reproduce?
If so which device did you use?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
360Texas

Yes in Chrome Developer I found 11 errors due to cookies and cross site issues

Cookie Cross-Site ERR's
Cookie Cross-Site ERR's
cookiERR.jpg (360.95 KiB) Viewed 5485 times
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
nicksette

Hey thanks both of you for the feedback and looking into this! I wonder if you have a minute, could you help me understand a few things?

Hopki- 1) you point at that several icon files are missing. When I output the project, I went through and deleted some of the media files that I ended up not using in the tour, as well as all of the skin icon files that I knew were not being used (eg the fisheye.svg, etc). There was no real reason I did this, other than I thought it would be tidier and slightly reduce the size of the overall project to be uploaded by our site vendor.

Was this a mistake? Should I have left those unused files in the project?? I'm wondering if this is causing the tour not to work properly in Internet Explorer?

2) You also mentioned that the tour is single resolution. I had originally created the tour using multi-resolution set to 500px tiles. The overall project (10 nodes) was huge- around 500mb. When I switched to single resolution, w cube faces at 3500px, the project size was reduced by more than half. Was this a mistake as well? My concern was that the larger the total project, the more potential data would be consumed by visitors and could incur costs, but perhaps I'm not understanding multi-res well enough.

360Texas- can you explain those cookie errors? I've just done some quick googling, and the only info I can find says that these are not technically 'errors' but rather Chrome warning about a standard that should be adopted.

Hopki, please let me know if you'd rather I email all of this to support. I'll still aim to send you a single node tour to check that other glitch.

I really appreciate your guys help on this! It is the first project using Pano2VR I've used at this museum, and we are keen to adopt this across other uses in our local district council, so if I can get to the bottom of these issues and make things work more smoothly it will only encourage the higher-ups to use Pano2Vr and perhaps purchase more licenses :)
360Texas

360Texas- can you explain those cookie errors? I've just done some quick googling, and the only info I can find says that these are not technically 'errors' but rather Chrome warning about a standard that should be adopted.
Yes I agree and these were only an behavior observation.... all CAUTION yellow triangle's about cookies.

I have 2 similar cautions on our 360Texas web site at the moment too. ATM our site works with out issues (I think).

I did read the two referenced URL's. Both were well above my knowledge level. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Dave still in Texas.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi nicksette,
Checking again all the icons are back!
Multi-resolution does mean larger file size on your server but the loading will be much, much faster.
The player will serve the best resolution for the screen viewing the tour.
Using a single resolution you are forcing the device to download the ful hight resolution which will take a while on slower connections.
So as an example a phone may load 500px image but as you zoom in you will load higher resolution tiles.
Tri it, it will be far better.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com