Feature request: Align and distribute nodes

Q&A about the latest versions
iantresman

It would be useful to be able to select two nodes (and by implication, all nodes in between), and then:
  1. Align all nodes to fall onto a straight line between the end nodes
  2. Independently of (1) above, to distribute all nodes an even distance apart.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Always looking to make life easier.
You're probably looking at Street View but can you give me a use case for this?
I'm asking as you may well end up with map pins not where the nodes are?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
iantresman

Yes, this is in the Street View panel, looking at the Tour Map, and being able to (a) straighten (b) distribute, a number of pins.

My current tour has 348 nodes/pins, and although I have GPS data, it is often not very accurate; but using the satellite map, I know exactly the path that I took (and that I often take a straight line, at 5-10 step intervals). Where I walk on a curved path, distributing the pins evenly would also be a help.

This feature would help a lot. It could also be extended, to enable someone to draw a path (straight line or curve) on a map, with the ability to fit selected pins to the path.
JRumball

I would second this feature request.

When we photograph tours, we often work in straight lines for parts of the tour, so it would be very helpful to have this feature.

I was envisioning the ability to draw a guide line on the tour map (like the line tool Photoshop) for reference and then be able to drag nodes onto the line and have them snap in place. We would then just need to space them out along that path. In fact, it would be nice if we could just draw the guide lines for the entire tour, overlayed onto the tour map (as a reference layer) using a variety of geometric tools (lines, curves, etc) and then snap the nodes in place along those lines.

Just my two cents. :)

Thanks.

John