Video Intro and mobile VR Issue

Q&A about the latest versions
zeus360

Hi There! I have tried my best to create a video intro for a simple 2 node virtual tour. The video has been placed as a layer in the skin. The video has audio and therefore does not autoplay so I have created an overlay graphic saying "click to begin" which has an action to remove itself and show the video and the showing of the video also causes it to play - nice! The video also has 2 actions of "hide element _self" for both mouse click and media ended.

All good so far I believe. Is this the correct way of doing this so far in your opinion? I ask the question because...... As soon as you press the enter VR button on mobile and the cardboard instructions appear you can hear the audio from the video. Odd! Then when you rotate the device to enter VR you can see the intro video playing in front of you within the tour! And you can't get rid of it either.

I have also tried setting visibility to false on the intro video when trigger VR Active is equal to true. This does not work either.

Here's a link to the tour:
https://tours.itoursinteractive.co.uk/mercedes/a-class/

Any advice on why the video is re-appearing or if I have simply added it incorrectly and that's why it's re-appearing would be much appreciated! :D
Hopki
Gnome

Hi zeus360,
Does sound like a bit of a bug, can you please send in the compleat project to support@ggnome.com, maybe use Wetransfer if it's large.
So your project file, input images, video and skin. So I can make the project back in the office.
I can then write up a bug report using your files.

In the meantime, you can "unload" the video on close.
Add the action when you close the video:
Mouse Click, Set Value, URL: (leave blank), Video Element.
This removes the path to the video so it can not play again.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/