Pano2VR 6.1 Odd Project metadata progress indicator bar behaviour

iantresman

I'm not sure whether the Street View Upload Metadata progress bar is working correctly.

After I upload my Street View project, the images are uploaded as expected (87 images in this tour). If I subsequently tweak the tour, I press the Project button again, so that the metadata can be refreshed (I don't think the project has to be removed?). The metadata progress bar is similar to that below:
  1. The 1st time the Upload Metadata progress bar appears, the top fuel gauge stays on 0%, and the bottom one moves from 0 to about 95%, and then disappears, with no further messages.
  2. The 2nd time the Upload Metadata progress bar appears, the top fuel gauge stays on 1%, and the bottom one moves from 0 to about 95%, and then disappears, with no further messages.
  3. The 3rd time the Upload Metadata progress bar appears, the top fuel gauge stays on 2%, and the bottom one moves from 0 to about 95%, and then disappears, with no further messages.
This behaviour seems odd. I would expect the top fuel gauge to slowly move from 0 to 100%, and I shouldn't have to press the Project button multiple times. So I don't know whether all the required project meta data has been uploaded.

This appears similar to the meta data upload phase that occurs after uploading all the images in a project.
iantresman

Is anyone else getting this behaviour? It suggests that metadata is being uploaded one image at a time, although the Google Street View API batchUpdate is able to update all photos in one hit unless "critical fields are missing or there is an authentication error."

Does Pano2VR create a log file?
iantresman

I've made a short 4-minute screen recording to demonstrate the issue here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQt3vSl-FFU

I assume the Street View meta data upload is not working correctly, since
  1. I shouldn't have to press the Project Upload button once for each photo in my tour
  2. I am unable to tell when the meta data has uploaded successfully
iantresman

Any chance someone could review this issue and confirm whether there is a problem, or not.