Ipad browser and Windows(IE11): panoramas not loading

Q&A about the latest versions
WingmanMedia

Hi guys,

Can somebody please help asap with the following tour http://360tours.rf.gd/infin8care/ as I need to release it to the client within 1-2 days.

It loads on Windows and Android devices flawlessly however on an Ipad there are no panoramas shown, just a rotating black background, with hot spot icons for a next panorama and stills. Stills are loading though if you click on them. Also if you hover over a spot icon it shows a panorama preview.
UPDATED: And the same happens on a Windows PC with IE11. It works in Chrome though.

I used a built in skin but rewrote a lot in it to make it working the way my client wants. There were probably some variables for mobile devices that I deleted. UPDATED: However it may have nothing to do with the variables for mobile devices as it should not affect IE11 on a Windows PC.

The tour is going to be hosted on the client's website. The link above is for me to test and show to the client.

Also my client and this is a separate issue ...is asking for an offline solution so they can show the tour offline. I tried different approaches such as "Tiny Web server" running on android(got error "Cannot load pano.xml), downloading the whole tour to the device for offline viewing(cannot download for some unknown reason) and checked all offered here that I could find. Firefox does not want to run it if output folder is hosted on the device. Is there anything simpler that using some service to build an app? For offline viewing my client can stick to either IOS or Android.
WingmanMedia

Anyone please, help needed ASAP.
WingmanMedia

Two extra discoveries, in IE11 a loading bar goes down in percentage, not up. It stops at about 3%, starting at 29%
On the Ipad there is no loading bar shown at all.

On a windows PC If I switch to IE10 in the developer console, everything works. If I switch to IE9 it does not work.

the console does not show any errors for IE11, but it shows the following for IE9

TypeError: Unable to get property 'contains' of undefined or null reference
{
[functions]: ,
description: "Unable to get property 'contains' of undefined or null reference",
message: "Unable to get property 'contains' of undefined or null reference",
name: "TypeError",
number: -2146823281
}

I am not really fussed for making it compatible with IE past version 10, but it should work in IE11 on Windows and at least in safari and chrome on Ipad/Iphone.
WingmanMedia

I could make the first panorama to load in Safari(Ipad) but I could not get any another panorama shown.

I have to tap refresh in Safari a few times and sometimes after refresh the tour starts with the first panorama loaded. Most of the times it does not though and starts the tour with a black screen.

However even with the first panorama loading success clicking on any other panorama does not load a new one and shows black screen. If I click on a thumbnail for the first one after that again it loads the first one without any problem.

It looks like a cached version behavior for Safari but I clear cache all the time and it also does not explain all other panoramas loading and music loading problem.

Chrome and Firefox still do not want to show anything on Ipad no matter how many times I am trying to refresh the page.
WingmanMedia

Thanks to Tony we have pin pointed it to my hosting web server(InfinityFree). Not sure how they could screw it up but they did.

I put the tour to my friend's server at http://www.steus.net and the tour works on my Ipad now. The only problem is a mute button which does not work with IOS devices. It seems to be a known problem because it has been mentioned on the forum.
I will try to see if I can just hide it for IOS devices by checking with code what device is being used. Is there any global variable that can get device details inside a tour by extracting it from HttpRequest.UserAgent string?
christoph
Gnome

Hi!
You can use a logic block to hide the button.
Here is the documentation for logic blocks.
Add a logic block to the button's visibility property.
As the trigger you can either use 'IsMobile' to hide it on all mobile devices, or there is a trigger 'OS', where you can specifically target the operating system, like iOS.

Regards,
Christoph
WingmanMedia

Thanks a lot Christoph. I prefer to hide it for iOS devices only so OS property is better. I have just implemented and it works perfectly.
On Android devices muting works so no reason to hide it for Android.