SOLVED - Permeable Polygon Hotspot?

Q&A about the latest versions
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi!

Is it possible to make a Polygon Hotspot permeable? I cannot remember the technical term used in Flash to achieve this (I know this is not a flash project) but I remember being able to simply set a tick mark in FFC that would allow the object to be permeable but would also allow for interaction such as clicking on or hover/action over the hotspot.....the only thing that changed was that you could now click and drag within the hotspot and still move the panorama view as normal.

Is this at all possible or am I thinking of a future feature? :-)

Thanks!
Last edited by TheRealMojoJojo on Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
You can click and drag poly hotspots already.
What are looking to do?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
TheRealMojoJojo

Haha!!!!!

That's what I get for assuming! I assumed that since it didn't work in the Pano2VR viewer that it didn't work on the front end either!

SCORE - 1437 points Pano2VR vs 3 points Courtney ;-)

Thanks for pointing that out Hopki!!!
TheRealMojoJojo

HOWEVER! Haha

What I was trying to do was to create a hotspot over the target area in the node that when hovered over signified that that area was active such as the polygon hostspot does with the color mask. When clicked on it would open up a hotspot template that I created in the skin. I am now seeing that this isn't possible as polygon only has URL or TOUR NODE for "type" so I am back at square one.....I think

The area that I want to show the color mask over is too large in the sense that once I add a patch or pinned image...that area is no longer draggable and this is a pretty large area and I know that this will confuse users into thinking that they are stuck or that their mouse isn't working.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks Martin!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Can you explain what exactly the viewer should see when doing what?
There are a few things I am not getting here.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Hopki
Gnome

Have a play with these any good.
But I'm just guessing here.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
ConvertToHotspot.zip
(115.64 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
ConvertToImage.zip
(158.02 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi Hopki!

I thought that I had already written you about this. Worked PERFECTLY! Thanks for that!!!!
soulbrother

ConvertToImage.zip
ConvertToHotspot.zip

Now those 2 terms can also be found with the forum search function.
I do this, cause sometimes I found some interesting downloads on my harddisk - folder: pano2vr_tips_and_tricks - and cannot find the "description" or discussion in the forum...
o.k. ... this happened only once last year, but hey, we are not getting younger...

On this occasion another thank you to Hopki, Thomas and all of the the ggn team for this phantastic product and the outstanding support!

Can´t wait to have all the future functions, that are rumoring in our heads and fantasy ;-)))
Hopki
Gnome

@1uv3,
Yeah, may have done, been babysitting our 5-month-old granddaughter this week, lack of sleep does not help an ageing brain!
It's our last night as mum and dad on the flight home, I just have to get them at the airport at 02:00 tomorrow morning.
Will sleep well this weekend :D
Cheers,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com