DEAR GOD I LOATHE the Pinned Image/Video Positioning Method!!!!

Q&A about the latest versions
TheRealMojoJojo

I hate it :shock:

I really mean that I cannot stand it :( I hate it :shock: It makes me sick to my stomach when I think that I will have to spend entirely too much time trying to manipulate an image into place :shock: Depending on the angle......it can take hours to get ONE image aligned properly.

Why in GOD'S NAME is Pano2vr still using the same outdated method for positioning pinned images and videos????????????????? :cry:
  • Flashificator.....easy pinned images
  • Panotour..... easy pinned images
  • Tourweaver..... easy pinned images
  • 3DVista......easy pinned images
  • Pano2vr..... NIGHTMARE PINNED IMAGES & VIDEOS!!!!!!!! :twisted:
I am confused as to why in the world are we still having to rotate the axis of images and videos in order to try an position the images or videos on an angle that is sometimes ridiculously difficult to figure out the exact angle of? Why?

TELL ME WHY???????????? :? :D :lol: :shock:

If I am having trouble with this I can only imagine what other newbies are going through.

But all silliness aside. Seriously.....why has this not been changed yet? I see no real reason to keep using the rotating axis method because there are FAR easier ways to get the job done which was shown years ago by Pano2vr's competitors in the past and it seems that only Pano2vr is still using the same outdated positioning method......and for quite a number of years now. Does this feature hold sentimental value to someone which is why it has never been improved upon?

Ok, rant is over....now going to go back and try to get this damned image positioned correctly........ I really do hate this method. :D

.....but that doesn't mean that I don't love Pano2vr! :wink:
thomas
Chief Gnome

Reading between the lines I get a weak feeling that you think we should improve the image/video alignment method. I may have an idea, how we can do that, without devaluing the work you already put into aligning your current videos and images. ;)

The main reason why it is still this way is legacy. We started with this representation, and now we are stuck...
MfG, Thomas
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi Thomas!

Sorry if I came across as a bit of an ass. I had about 15 images and videos to pin to a project and after about the second hour I went a little crazy with frustration :shock: :D

I have to admit though, once you've been exposed to simply dragging the four corners of the image/video container into place where the algorithm figures out the equirectangluar warp automatically (which takes less than a minute to do), it becomes a bit cumbersome and frustrating trying to rotate an image into place that just doesn't seem to want to fit because you've got one of the three axes out of whack.

With that said.....thanks for being so diplomatic about my tirade :-)

Now I'll go insert foot into mouth :oops: :)
thomas
Chief Gnome

No worries! Sometimes I need a kick. ;) Good things may happen :D.
MfG, Thomas
TheRealMojoJojo

You are a good man Thomas :-)
EVerheggen

I still don't see an easy way to position a pinned video. Did I miss something?
snowlexx

EVerheggen wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:02 pm I still don't see an easy way to position a pinned video. Did I miss something?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68sHwOC ... meSoftware