how to default settings for a new panotour?

Q&A about the latest versions
nigbo

Dumb question: I do not find my way to do the settings "default", that when I start a tour, that I do not have to
- choose the skin
- click on output
- select skin configuration

Which templates are loaded by default and create the right setting?
Output is the most confusing part of this for me.

Thank you for some advice
Herwig
Hopki
Gnome

HI Herwig,
You can save project file settings under File => Save as Default. This includes User Data, viewing parameters etc, etc.

You can save an output to a template, please see: LINK.
How this works is you set up an output, add your skin and make any other settings in the HTML5 output then click the Green Template button and save it as a Template.

So with the above in mind, you can open a new project which can have all your User Data set, then select the output template and it will be added with your skin and any settings.

You can also use a droplet!
open a new project, do not add any images. Add an HTML5 output make all your settings, add your skin etc, etc.
Then select File => Save as droplet, make sure you select Save Values in project files and Create a single tour option if you make multinode tours.
Save to your desktop.

To use it, drop a folder full of panoramas onto the droplet.
It will create the project and output.
Just open the project file to link the hotspot and add the user data, then republish...
...done.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
nigbo

Thanks Martin, great help.
Will try to implement it soon.

Herwig
nigbo

After trying to create a template for output, it still does not automatically create the complet folder. The folder is created, but the index..html is missing so it does not pop up.
I have to choose "output" instead of $n for folder name. Why would $n not work as i thought, like being a placeholder for name of the output folder derived from the name of the (first) panorama file?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Herwig,
To check my understanding you have set the output folder to $(n).
Then saved as a template.
For me this works, the resulting output folder is the name of the first image.
Can you make a lightweight project and post it here?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/