Chrome does not display Pano's

Q&A about the latest versions
DDittmann

First Post...2 year Pano2VR User. Since Pano2VR 5.0 all my Single Pano's and/or Tours never worked using Chrome. Hot spots show up, but the screen is either Grey or Black. Is there a setting within Pano2VR that I'm missing here? Using 6.06 now - 64 Bit with newest Chrome. Still the same issue!!! All 2VR HTML Output settings are default and using desktop. Local host defaults to IE explorer and displays OK, but when opening any of the Index.HTML files located in Output folders using Chrome brings up the Grey or Black screen. Please don't tell me this is a Java script issue!! Any info would be helpful. Thanks,
Attachments
This is the Template Tool Box Setting
This is the Template Tool Box Setting
Pano2.jpg (78.01 KiB) Viewed 3497 times
This is the HTML settings
This is the HTML settings
Pano1.jpg (74.04 KiB) Viewed 3497 times
Darryl Dittmann
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Darryl,
If you are trying to open the HTML page from the output folder then this is correct.
Browsers will not allow scripts to run locally, Pano2VR like most Panorama players uses JavaScripts.
Once uploaded to a server then all is ok as the files are no longer local.

This is why Pano2VR has a built-in web server so you can see the outputs when using Pano2VR.
If you want to reliably display your panoramas and tours on your desktop then please use our free Package Viewer.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
DDittmann

Got it Hopki...thanks for quick response. I always look for and follow your responses on other issues. I was hoping for a simple solution to allow Chrome to work locally like MS IE does. I deliver all the Output folders to my US Navy Clients copied to their local computers, and use Hyperlinks to HTML files in Excel app to pull up and view over 500 tour Pano's for each space on the entire ship. Works perfect in MS IE as default browser. Working with Corp IT guys now to migrate all Pano's and App to new WEB version, in which Chrome works fine. The Excel App used locally was easy delivery solution that I could manage to the Client on my own, without involving Corp IT. I noticed Edge and IE still work fine locally without loading Package Viewer on each User computer. Was just curious why Chrome doesn't.
Darryl Dittmann
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Darryl,
Both Firefox and MS Edge worked until Firefox's last update.
I can only guess but I would say MS Edge will follow if this is that much or a security issue.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Howard

Firefox WILL work locally if you alter a hidden setting, as described in a previous post.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Yes, and so can Safari and I belave also Chrome, but not by default.
If this is just for you to view locally then all good, but you are leaving yourself open to security issues and why this is on by default.
And of course anyone you share the output to also will need the settings changed in their browser.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com