2D Intro to pano tour

Q&A about the latest versions
CDunedin

Hi!

My apologies if this has been asked before. A quick forum search didn't yield any result.

I created a pretty standard pano-tour that will end up on a clients webpage.
The client asked us to open with a video. (Some kind of establishing shot). The video should end in a freeze frame. Also, I'd need to place hotspots over the video that will link to that "standard pano-tour" I mentioned above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Colin
CDunedin

I found a possible solution. However, there seems to be either a bug - or I'm doing something wrong.

A node type can be set to flat. Also, there's a video input option where one can point to a video-file. So far so good.
However, that node shows completely blown out (almost white) when viewed in the browser. Also, the video doesn't run. Although the format is supported by the browser. (mozilla and mp4/h264).
When the nodes type is set to anything else, equirectangular for instance, the node shows up in the browser correctly. So does the video.

Has anyone come across this problem and/or would know what it is I'm doing wrong?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Colin
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Colin,
Use the video element in the skin with it set to size 100% x 100%.
Then to show the video edge to edge with cropping add the CSS code:

Code: Select all

object-fit: cover; overflow: hidden;
Into the CSS Styles Inner Element text field.
Give it the action, deactivate hide self
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
zeus360

I to am trying to add a video intro to a tour. I have created a video in the skin by using the video tool and made it 100% width and height.

The video would not autoplay despite autoplay being checked so I then added a rectangle 100% width and height over the video with ID of intro_cover to hide it and added a graphic png button in the middle on top with an action of on mouse click hide intro_cover, hide self and show video.

This makes the video play which is much closer to where I need to be than before! At the moment I have added an action on to the video which is on mouse click hide self but ideally I'd like the video to disappear at the end of playing automatically preferably with a fade.

I've looked into the logic blocks here but the video just turns white when clicked with no tour visible: https://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/5/props-video/
zeus360

Found the answer! I was looking at logic blocks on visibility when it's actually the action I needed: Media Ended. I added an action on the video:
On Media Ended, visibility - hide element _self - shame I can't make it fade out 2 seconds before hiding but it's better than needing a click at the end to make it disappear.

Is there actually a way of chaining actions together? i.e. on click if I change the opacity to 0 with a 2 second fade it does not fully remove the video, so you can still hear the audio in the background. Is it possible to change opacity to 0 over 2 seconds THEN set visibility to hidden? If not no worries :)