Visible Hotspot by Pan Angle

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Here is a three node project that uses an Alpha Logic block that uses Pan as the trigger to fade in the Point Hotspot when you have rotated the panorama to the desired position. Both the Hotspot Images are in a container, it is this container that has the Alpha Logic Block.

In my example, I have three nodes each expression is locked to a node.
Here you see the first node is between -22 and 22, so this is easy. I have also included a Node trigger so this will only happen in node1.

1.png
1.png (40.52 KiB) Viewed 8110 times

This next one is a little more tricky as it is showing two hotspots for node2, but the back hotspot is between -157 and 157, so you can not use an And here. This is an extream case as most hotspots will be between either positive or negative numbers, for example, 10 to 30, -10 to -30.
As I am using an Or I must also include the NodeID before each of the Or statements, so Node And Pan Or Node And Pan.

The good news is you can select the conditions and copy and paste them into another expression.

2.png
2.png (68 KiB) Viewed 8110 times

The last node, node3 just has the hotspot show to come back.

3.png
3.png (47.97 KiB) Viewed 8110 times

This is actually very logical when you think about it.
And as a helper, I have added two text boxes, one to display the pan angles and the other the current node.

I will be writing up a feature request to make this easier as we know the pan and tilt of each hotspot it is just a case of being able to set a distance from it to show.

Further reading about Logic Blocks can be found HERE.

Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
show_with_pan.zip
(60.37 KiB) Downloaded 404 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Isaac Brown

Very clever 👏👏
Isaac / IBCreative
xi4

I understand that node is the number of the panorama? How to set another value? If I have 200 panoramas on a tour, then by number, this is not an option at all. If you did as in the screenshot, it does not work (
Attachments
Ошибка пано.png
Ошибка пано.png (203.88 KiB) Viewed 7998 times
TheCat

Guess you've found the solution already but for others who might stumble across: Just apply a title to your nodes and use $(ut) as trigger instead.
xi4

Есть пример? Как это выглядит?
360Texas

Google translator says:

Есть пример? Как это выглядит?

"There is an example of? How does it look?"
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
soulbrother

some search expression:
show_with_pan
show with pan angle
show hotspot between pan angle values
blend hotspot between pan angle
show info between pan angle
display info with pan angle
Frankster69

Very nice Hopki,

Could this possibly be combined with the callout hotspots you posted?

So the when a hotspot comes into view the callout opens and retracts again after leaving view?

Also, when I want to use it for image/info/video hotspots, do I need to name them the same in every pano? So if pano 1 has 5 image hotspots and an info hotspot, I would name them node1, node2, node3 etc, And if pano 2 then has three image hotspots, an info and a video hotspot, I would again (in pano 2) name them node1, node2, node3 etc? And the same for the next, say, 10 pano's? This can get tedious.

Isn't there a way to have a hotspot read the viewing axis and have it fade in/out when it's x degrees from that viewing axis?

regards, Frank