Tooltip and hotspots

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
edgar_ali

I have got a couple of questions regarding tooltips and hotspots:

Currently I am using poligon hotspots to show information.

Here is a screenshot of an example of a hotspot and the information I provide:
Picture 1

Picture2:

In picture 1 you can see that when I roll the mouse over the hotspot, there appears the tooltip (which is the title of the hotspot, in this case it reads: Test). Then in picture 2 you can see that when I click on the hotspot, appears the content of the hotspot (in this case it reads: this is a test).

The first question is:
I would like the tooltip to be only the characters (letters) without the square background..is that possible?

I tried doing this by disabling the background of the square and setting the alpha channel to 0 in the skin, but this did not work, I am still able to see the white square.

So not sure how to do it...

Second question:

My skin has a button, that when click it shows all the polygon hotspots in the tour. I was wondering if it was possible that when I click that botton, in addition to show the hotspots in the tour, it also shows all the titles of the hotspots (tooltips) in the tour, then when you click the hotspot, you will see the content of the hotspots.

The button that I used to show the hotspots has the following design:

So it would be like picture 1, but without hovering the mouse over the hotspots.

Another example would looks like this (picture 3):

Picture 3:

In picture 3 the lines would be the poligon hotspots and the numbers (i.e.: 8b+, 9a, etc) would be the tooltip (the title of the hotspot)

Is it possible to achieve that?

The third question I've got is this:
I want to include in my skin a hotspot (point) to show information. Currently I only have a polygon hotspots to show information and a point hotspot as tour node.

So I went into the component toolbox and copied a component (information popup simplex) into my skin. when copying this item, I get a message saying:
The component needs to add a variable (vis_info_popup) which is already defined in your skin.
Do you want to rename the variable in the component or let it use the variable in your skin?
I tried renaming the variable and also using the variable in my skin, however when I introduce the ht_info, this convert all the other hotspots (point) to ht_info.

So i do not know how to separate the tour node and the info hotspots so they work properly. Attached is a photos of what happens when I introduce the ht_info:

as you can see there are two info hotspots, however one of them is supposed to be a tour node to travel to another panorama.

Any help with this?

I am attaching my skin and the file for this tour in case you need them.
Attachments
the3601guideskin.ggsk
skin
(101.28 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
cowboys 2website.p2vr
pano2vr file
(5.59 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
pano2
pano2
descent gully walls 4website.jpg (686.16 KiB) Viewed 9058 times
pano 1
pano 1
cowboys 2website.jpg (723.12 KiB) Viewed 9058 times
xi4

1. You have not disabled the text prompt.
2. On the contrary, I set out to untie the polygons from each other) I do not know the answer to this question)
3. Each hotspot should be a separate variable.
Attachments
the3601guideskin.ggsk
(101.1 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
Ошибка пано2.png
Ошибка пано2.png (385.91 KiB) Viewed 9043 times
Ошибка пано.png
Ошибка пано.png (386.08 KiB) Viewed 9043 times
Ошибка пано.png
Ошибка пано.png (691.32 KiB) Viewed 9043 times
edgar_ali

xi4:

Thanks a lot for your reply...

I was able to disable the hotspot background by going into the output panel, then into the hotspot tab and un-ticking the background and border.. Thanks for that.

Regarding my second question: I still would like to know if it is possible to show the tooltips together with the poligon hotspots, once you activate the view /turn them on with the button located in the control panel. In other words I would like to see the tooltips without hovering over the polygon hotspots.

Regarding my third question: I have defined two different variables:
vis_info_popup_1 for the ht_info hotspot and
vis_info_popup_2 for my tour node

However the tour still is getting two info hotspots instead of a tour node and info hotspot...

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
xi4

In the skin that I attached to the previous answer, everything works. Pay attention to this item.
Ошибка пано.png
Ошибка пано.png (128.33 KiB) Viewed 9022 times
edgar_ali

xi4:

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction..I was not assigning the proper skin-ID to the hotspot and therefore both were info hotspot...

Now I have two different hotspots, one for Tour node and another one for information...

So it is working thanks... :D

The only question left is how can I turn on the polygon hotspot and at the same time activate or turn on the tooltip so it is shown/visible when you activate the polygon hotspot..

If someone has an idea how to do this, I would really appreciate the help.

The details of what I would like to do is in the first post.
xi4

In general, after the experiments, I managed to achieve such a result (screen 1)
Ошибка пано2.png
Ошибка пано2.png (122.37 KiB) Viewed 9004 times
But, these are not polygon tips, they are separate hotspots. Although outwardly, they look like what you need.
It works like this. In the skin there is ht_VIP, there are three pictures in it. Each picture has its own code, this code you enter in the description of the hotspot. The screen and the skin in the application, I think you will go through.
Ошибка пано.png
Ошибка пано.png (180.64 KiB) Viewed 9004 times
Attachments
the3601guideskin.ggsk
(101.35 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
edgar_ali

Mate thanks again for that information..

I tried your skin and this is what I experienced:
  • Once I launch the tour I can se the "tooltips" V1, so I have to click the button to disable it and then when I click again it work properly.
  • I Also has got a question: does it mean that for every tooltip that I want to create, I need to create a text field with the information (text) that I want to display???..So if I've got a list like this: 5; 5a;5a+; 6; 6a, 6b,6c, 6c+, then I have to create 8 text fields, each containing each number???
The only critical issue that I am experiencing is the fact that when I launch the tour, thee 'tooltip is on...it should only be on when I click on the control bar

As you can see in this video:
https://vimeo.com/343194639

The tooltip is displayed as soon as you launch the tour..that is not ideal..

Any ideas to fix this?

Any other suggestion on how to do this without having to create a text field for every tooltip?

Thanks again for all the support, I really appreciated.
xi4

How to do it differently, I do not know.
Yes, if you need 8 points, then create 8 different images.
If you need to hide the hint when opening the tour, just turn off its visibility ;-))
Ошибка пано.png
Ошибка пано.png (150.24 KiB) Viewed 8977 times
The bottom line is that you can choose the images you need, paint the background, paint the font. It seems to me in your case that is important), although I could be wrong)
I do not know English. Everything translates Google. Not the fact that he does it right)))
edgar_ali

xi4:

I am having an issue, if I untick "visible", then when I hit the button to show the polygon hotspot, the tooltip (ht_VIP) dissapear, then if I click the button to hide the polygon hotspot, the tooltip appears again, it is not synchronised...can you help with this?..

Check out this video:
https://vimeo.com/345273324

any ideas why is this?
edgar_ali

I was able to resolve the synchronization of the tooltip and poligon hotspot by selecting "Always Visible" in the dropdown list that is located in the tab for Polygon Hotspots (output). Now when you open the tour, both, the tooltip and polygon hotspot are visible, then you can turn them on&off at the same time.

The question still remain if there is another way of making the tooltip visible together with the polygon hotspot without creating another item in the skin. This would be an improvement. The current method works but it is additional work.
xi4

The irony of fate, I now needed to do something similar)) I will experiment and look for an easier way) You can throw off the link to your project, I'll see how it looks)
edgar_ali

As soon as I have it ready I will post a link for the project in this post...

Thanks for replying
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
Maybe too little too late, but here is a 6.1 beta project that uses the poly hotspot to open a popup.
For the Polys I am using Disable and Show All.
The Disable also makes the poly inactive so no active areas. Show all does what it says.
How it works is all the Polys have the ID info.
There is a container in the skin with the ID: PolyHotSPot.
This has all the actions to read the hotspots title and description text for the popups title and information body text.
I have used the button to switch the Poly Hotspots between Disabled and Show all, as you click ShowPolyHotSpotShow, it shows all and shows the button above it, ShowPolyHotSPotHide.
Note the default for ShowPolyHotSpotHide is not visible.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
info_poly.zip
(364.54 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
edgar_ali

I have just finished the example for the tooltips and the polygon hotspots...

If you go to:

https://the360guide.com/sydney/

You can check out Fear Factory (from the 3rd panorama onwards), that is where the examples are..