"After Action End" Actions?

Q&A about the latest versions
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi All!

Coming from FFC I keep noticing one specific action (actually two.....an "after image loaded" action would be BEYOND super useful as well and is actually the reason I even started writing this) that we are missing from our tool arsenal that is (IMHO) quite honestly one of the most powerful tools you can use to manipulate a skin to do just anything you want. Pano2vr is AMAZING and the programmers have done a fantastic job.....I just keep running into this one (and two) "lack of" action/s.

1. "After Action End" action- this action would give us the ability to execute any action after any other action had been executed. Instead of having to create multiple actions using timers, media sliders, variables, action filters and all the other possible time consuming ways to get a similar effect......all you need to do as the user is to add an "after action end" action to start another sequence of actions.

I have talked about this before and I know for a fact that those of us that try to twist and pull Pano2vr to the very limits would absolutely benefit from action stacking. There are literally thousands of ways to utilize this feature........ and I know....... that there are ways to "mimic" action stacking but they are laborious and so involved that by the time you get the finish line....you have screwed something else up along the way which can take hours if not days to figure out and resolve.

While I am building my tours I keep hitting this issue over and over again and over again and for the life of me cannot come up with an easily duplicable way to mimic this because sometimes there is no obvious way to even hook the end of an action using timers, media sliders or what have you.

It's like having an entire fishing tackle box with every lure, spinner, hook, bobber, swivel, fishing line, bait, fishing pole, reel, flies, weights, steel leader.....so you have everything for an amazing fishing trip and will definitely catch fish.......and then someone introduces you to dynamite fishing....*mic drop*

HAhA!
TheCat

+1

I would call it a "Wait" action with parameters starting from 0 sec which should make new actions wait for previous ones to be finished. This way you could achieve whatever transition you like with just stacking actions... as already mentioned :wink:

Edit:
Thinking about it deeper it might be even better to have an action with source "prev action ended" (or whatever other source) - action "wait" (or any other action) with parameters "# seconds to wait" (or all other parameters applying to corr. actions).
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
Added a feature request so it will be on the developer's radar.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/