Mute All Audio?

Q&A about the latest versions
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi All,

I have a large number of audio files. Is there an EASY way to simply mute all sound files?

Thanks!
TheCat

hey,

as (I guess) there is no such element "all audio" how about putting them all in a container and mute them with a trigger click like with your multiple actions?
TheRealMojoJojo

TheCat wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:07 pm how about putting them all in a container and mute them with a trigger click like with your multiple actions?
Hi Cat!

That would be a great solution but you cannot add videos to a container from what I can tell.
TheCat

Hi,

you've mentioned audio files in your initial post, so I thought you were referring to adio patches. I guess then you have to separate audio from video and add it via patches. Not really an EASY solution though :)
Last edited by TheCat on Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi Cat,

You can add three types of audio:

1. External (external audio file)
2. Skin (audio within skin editor)
3. Tour Builder (audio within the tour builder)

The audio I am referring to are in the skin. I just went ahead and and coded them all as I needed. Was just looking for an easy mute solution. Really liked your initial solution of adding them to a container to control them all at once.

Possible future implementation Hopki? :-)

Thanks Cat.
TheCat

But according to the documentation the volume acion: set volume - target _main should set the volume of all media added to the project or the skin. If you hide the mute audio button I think that should work (haven't tried it myself yet).
TheRealMojoJojo

CAT!

THAT was exactly what I was looking for :-) I feel like an idiot because I THOUGHT that I had seen the volume action before but even looking over the actions multiple times I was completely blind to seeing it :-) That's was it!

You ROCK! Haha!
TheCat

Maybe if the target was called _all :wink:

But I can't find the target ID as described here:

Change Volume

Apply this action to a button to set the volume of the media to a specified level. It will gradually change the volume from it’s current level to the level set.

Level – Set the amplitude. The maximum loudness is 100% or 1.00 in Expert Mode.

Target – Choose the media element that should be targeted:

_main - Targets all media added to the project and the skin.

_background - Targets background audio.

_videopanorama - Targets the playback of a video panorama.

ID - Targets the media item with the given ID.