VR launch problem

Q&A about the latest versions
zoomhome

I have not used this in a while and I need to modify an older 360 pano. When I output the new files under the new VR settings I don't have that enabled but when I view the 360 on my computer it launches Steam VR, which I use for a Racing game on a Pimax VR headset. How can I get that to stop launching the Steam VR and will that do the same thing on other peoples machine?

Zoomhome
TheRealMojoJojo

How are you launching the 360 into your browser? By clicking on the Generate Output within Pano2vr? Does this also happen when you create a NEW project and generate an output?
zoomhome

When I output the final group it tries to launch Steam VR when it's outputting the sample view when done, it also tries to launch Steam VR when viewed from a web site too and I get the error box pop up. If I turn on my Pimax VR headset and launch their software and view the 360 on the web (all browsers) it launches Steam VR with no error because the headset is now turned on but nothing ever displays on the headset and I do have the VR box UN-checked on the Pano2VR..... Here is the initial demo page which does this http://www.zoomhome.com/heisler/ and attached is the error I get when the headset is not on.
Attachments
IMG_4709.JPG
IMG_4709.JPG (1.35 MiB) Viewed 3191 times
zoomhome

Forgot. Is there a command that will allow the start button in the "start stop audio" button to return to the start part of the button when the media is done playing? I have the command end media and hide the off version of the button and display the on button again but does not seem to do anything.
TheRealMojoJojo

Is your VR set hooked up through your pc? I tried my Oculus Go and everything worked fine. It sound to me that Steam has associated some Pano2vr file extensions with the Steam program. If this is the case then you will have to remove those file extensions so that Steam is no longer tries to open them upon launching your tour.
zoomhome

No idea about what’s triggering it or where to find that type of thing. My Pimax is plugged in all the time to my PC. I put to try to see if it’s the stark or that a VR headset is plugged in. I made sure the VR section in pano2vr wasn’t checked so thought that would solve the problem but made no change. It’s probably not an issue for 99.9% of people I’d assume would not that that hardware/ software combo. Just wondering why it does that
TheRealMojoJojo

zoomhome wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:15 pm It’s probably not an issue for 99.9% of people I’d assume would not that that hardware/ software combo.
I would almost guarantee that it has something to do with file extension associations. One of the programs that you are using for VR has got to be opening the tour. I would contact either Steam or Pimax support and tell them your issue. One of them will undoubtedly know what to do. Like I said, it ran fine for me using my Oculus Go.

When you get it resolved be sure to share your solution. I am about to invest into some additional VR headsets and might run into the same problem :-)