Custom marker for active location on floor plan

Q&A about the latest versions
TJackson

How would I go about having a different marker for the active location on a floor plan.

I'm currently using the 'Clone as Marker' option for changing the standard marker graphic but that then applies to all of the markers.

I ask because I would like to change the size of the colour of the marker indicating the user's current location and because I would like to design a custom radar beam (as I find the standard one far too long).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
TJackson

No replies? I could really use some help here!

Is there any further information I can provide to make this request more clear?
TheRealMojoJojo

Hmmm,

At first glance, it doesn't seem that you can without digging into the skin.js code and somehow defining a new class to set the initial marker which I couldn't even find. Someone with more Pano2vr coding experience would have to chime in on this one.

Sorry for not having a solution.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
You can stack multiple images and get them to show when a tag is active.
Have a look at this post: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13236&hilit=custom+map+pins
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
TheRealMojoJojo

Hopki wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:12 pm You can stack multiple images and get them to show when a tag is active.
Have a look at this post: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13236&hilit=custom+map+pins
Haha!!!! DEAR GOD MARTIN!!!!! Might have been easier had there actually been a JS route ;-)
TJackson

Thanks very much for the replies. I really appreciate your time.

I have to agree with 1uv3. That 'custom map pins' solution looks incredibly complicated for something as simple as highlighting the active marker. Perhaps floorplans could have 'Clone as Marker' and 'Clone as Active Marker' in the future?

Did I read somewhere that the ability to customise the radar is coming soon? All I really need is to shorten the throw of the radar in order to prevent display errors when the radar extends past the edge of a transparent PNG floorplan.
Hopki
Gnome

What?
Use a container as the map pin and make all the other map pins graphics as child elements.
Then set a visible logic block to show it for the tag.

So to break it down.
• Add panoramas with tages
• Add skin and add a container, give it the ID: MapPin
• Add all your map pin graphics as a child of the container and deselect visible in each map pin graphic
• Select the map pins and add the logic block, Tags, Contain, Tag, Visible: true

Add the map element and set the container, MapPin as clone as map pin.

Project attached, this took like 5 mins including drawing the images in Photoshop!
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
Map_Pin.zip
(67.09 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
TJackson

Wow Hopki... I'm honestly not sure what to do with this reply...

Firstly, I find the tone of your message rather rude and patronising. Secondly, of course you find these things simple to do. You are an expert user of the software. Try to remember that when you are addressing other people who might be new to it. And thirdly, I'm not at all convinced you have actually addressed the question I asked! How does your sample project help with my issue regarding the active marker?? If it does, you have failed to explain how.
TheRealMojoJojo

TJackson wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:32 am Wow Hopki... I find the tone of your message rather rude and patronising
I don't think that that was how it was meant. Sometimes it's hard to establish intent when simply reading a bunch of words with no emoticons to show that you are in fact as happy as a clam :-)
Hopki
Gnome

@ TJackson,
Absolutely not intended to be rude and patronising!

It was more of a reaction to
Haha!!!! DEAR GOD MARTIN!!!!! Might have been easier had there actually been a JS route ;-)
Which I found funny.

I read the question to ask about an active node but failed to read that you just wanted to show its active!
I read it as you wanted different active markers so to show on a map such as Hotels, shops, cash points etc.

Looking again I think you will find what you're looking for in the components toolbox.

Map Element Map Pin

Screenshot 2019-08-08 at 22.33.19.png
Screenshot 2019-08-08 at 22.33.19.png (28.26 KiB) Viewed 4860 times

This has a small blue map pin and a larger red one which is used when the node is active.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
TJackson

I have just tried the suggestion below and it works perfectly:
Hopki wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:36 pm Looking again I think you will find what you're looking for in the components toolbox.
Map Element Map Pin
I still can't quite believe the journey we went on to get here but I'm very happy with the results, so thanks for your help.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi TJackson,
The problem was knowing this was in the components toolbox I just had it in my mind you were after something different.
So probably spent too long in thinking what else you may have been asking.

I also read you asked about the beam.
In the Map element, you can adjust the size of the beam, the default is 250, but say 75 makes it much smaller.

1.png
1.png (14.95 KiB) Viewed 4829 times

However, you can add a beam image to the Map Element Map Pin component and then save it as a new component fo reuse in other projects.
Please see the attached skin.

The beam image uses "modifiers" to give the effect of the beam narrowing on zoom and then lifting up when you look up.
The modifiesr for this are:

2.png
2.png (42.22 KiB) Viewed 4829 times

If you open the skin and select the beam graphic you will see in the properties of the image the modifiers.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
skin.ggsk
(11.52 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
TJackson

That's great, thanks Hopki. I now have a custom radar working absolutely fine.

Just FYI, that option for the length of the radar is not available on version 6.0.6 pro.
Hopki
Gnome

Yeah, the size adjustment was new for 6.1.
Cheers,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com