Replacing Google Street View With Patched Tripods

Q&A about the latest versions
zeus360

I've created a Google Street View tour by using a Matterport camera, creating a Matterport tour and using their upload to Google Street View option. All good so far! The thing is... some of the shots have the tripod visible and as it was early in the morning the shadows were quite long and you can obviously see the tripod with the camera on top. I have created a blank project in Pano2VR, connected my Google account and have downloaded a copy of the tour. This in itself pleases me no end :D I love how the GPS info and all the links exist in the downloaded tour! I have used the patch tool to remove the tripod from one of the panos and I can see in Pano2VR that it has been removed / patched out. However after clicking on the upload to Street View button the tour is still the same on Google Street View. I'm thinking 2 things at this point:

1. The tour online is cached and I have to wait for the patched version to become visible and
2. Uploading to Street View does not upload the patched version but rather uploads the original downloaded jpeg

Is it possible to upload patched panos to Street View?
Hopki
Gnome

Google doe snot allow "overwrite".
You always have to remove the old tour first, I would also wait an hour or two before uploading the new images with patches.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
zeus360

Great :) When you say tour, do you mean the entire Google Business set of panos or just the single one? Am I correct in thinking that I remove the single pano which is to be patched, wait a couple of hours and then upload the single patched pano?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
For me, a tour is a project made up of many nodes (panoramas).
A single node is not a tour, it is simply a 360 panorama.

In Pano2VR you can select a panorama in the tour browser then use the "delete current" panorama button to delete it.
You can also select the panorama in the Street View Browser and delete it as well.
Then use the Upload project button, it will say something like one panorama not found in google street view and it will upload it, just say yes to this.

But as said I would wait a while between deleting the panorama then uploading the new one.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/