Live Pano - Video delay

Q&A about the latest versions
panox

In my project I affirmed "Do you want to create a thumbnail?" and it was created.
When loading the Livepano, the panorama image always appears before the video.

How can I change this?

On the tablet, the video also drags visibly when the panorama is moved.
Is this due to the tablet's poorer computing performance compared to my PC?

https://www.screencast.com/t/sbZSexUR

https://www.pano.szenerien.de/Pano2VR_6 ... index.html
TheRealMojoJojo

UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS ON BOTTOM

Where are you seeing the "Do you want to create a thumbnail" at? When I create a live pano I do not even see that option. I am using 6.1 beta 2. Not sure if this will help you, but my solution was to:
  • 1. take a screen capture as soon as the video starts to play and open it in Photoshop
  • 2. create a patch from the area over the video in Pano2vr and open it in Photoshop
  • 3. add the screen capture UNDER the patch in Photoshop
  • 4. line the images up using transform and warp but make sure you are only transforming the screen capture and not the patch.....otherwise your patch won't match up to the node anymore.
  • 5. blend the two together by revealing the point of interest from under the patch.
  • 6. be sure to leave enough of the edge around patch image while revealing the screen capture otherwise it will not match up to the node properly when you save it.
  • 7. add patch back to node
The trick is to get the screen capture lined up correctly under the patch so that everything matches up. Doing it this way enables you to "convert" your node with patches so that the patch becomes a part of the node. This way when the node loads you will have the video thumbnail showing with the node instead of after.

As far as the tablet goes I would bet money that it's due to a slower processor. Not enough power or memory to display all that data without being choppy.

Another way to do it is to:

1. Open the video in a video player on your PC.
2. Take a screen capture.
3. Cut out the video portion of the capture.
4. save the file you just cut out and add that to the video "Preview" in Pano2vr.

Now the "Preview" image will load before the node so you will see the thumb first....then node, then video. I like using the first method because it looks better, however the 2nd method is much easier.
Last edited by TheRealMojoJojo on Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
panox

Thank you! I will try your good workaround with the patch! Good idea! :D

Best bregards

Harald
TheRealMojoJojo

Removed comment so as to not confuse.
Last edited by TheRealMojoJojo on Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheRealMojoJojo

Ok, so found an even easier way than the already easier way :-) No need to screen capture anymore. This way ensures that you always get the right sized screen capture image instead of having to get as close as you can when you cut out the image from the video screen capture. You basically just take a snapshot of the video using a video player like VLC.

The entire process takes 5 minutes.

Here's the video. https://youtu.be/Z6EypVNgykg

Good Luck!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
Use the generated preview image and add that as a patch.
For the Pan, Tilt and FoV conversion you just -360.
Example: video pan = 278.73, so -360 = patch pan of -81.27
This is a bit odd you have to do a conversion so will add a feature request to make the values the same.
On export, the patch becomes part of the pano so there is no real need to convert the equirectangular image to include the patch.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi,

Where are you seeing a "Generate Preview Image" option? I d not see this option anywhere within the video settings.
panox

Sorry, Hopki, I don't understand:
Use the generated preview image and add that as a patch.
So I click the patch tool and click in the panorama somewhere in the position of the video patch.

Now I have some random values which have to be changed.
454.jpg
454.jpg (26.61 KiB) Viewed 4513 times
These are the values of the video-patch.

Which values must I enter in the preview-patch?

-4,77 added to -360 would be -364,77 ?

This value is not accepted by Pano2VR.
455.jpg
455.jpg (41.82 KiB) Viewed 4513 times
Can you please show in a video, how to do this?

Thank you, 1uv3, I could follow your video-instructions:

https://www.pano.szenerien.de/Pano2VR_6 ... index.html

Best regards

Harald
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi Harald!

No problem, I am glad that it worked for you :-)
TheRealMojoJojo

Hopki wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:20 pm Use the generated preview image and add that as a patch.
Hi Martin.....where in the devil is this magical "generate preview" button? I see no such option in Pano2vr 6.1 beta 2
This is a bit odd you have to do a conversion so will add a feature request to make the values the same.
Yes, definitely not what you would expect it to do :-)

Thanks Martin!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
When you added the video it would have asked where to save the preview image, check the project folder.
To force this to happen, just rename the video, for example, add a 2 on the end of the file name, example, Video2.mp4
As you open Pano2VR it will ask you to locate the missing file, point to the video with the modified file name.
This will ask you to save the preview image.
You can always rename the file back while Pano2VR is open.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-07-31 at 21.28.26.png
Screenshot 2019-07-31 at 21.28.26.png (122.35 KiB) Viewed 4457 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
TheRealMojoJojo

Yeah, that doesn't happen on my end. I get nothing when I add new videos....never have either.

Here is a video showing what happens on my end:

https://youtu.be/tYncrNw1jqI
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
The problem with the preview image is once Pano2VR has made it once for a video it will not make it a second time.
So here is a little workaround that I have tested and works for me on both Mac and PC.

Open Pano2VR and select the list view.

1.png
1.png (51.58 KiB) Viewed 4438 times

Select the video in the list to see its properties.
In the screenshot below you will see the MP4 file name (Panorama_patch.mp4) and below it the Preview Filename (video_preview.jpg).

2.png
2.png (58.84 KiB) Viewed 4438 times

Right button click on the preview image file name and remove it.
Save and close Pano2VR.

Now rename the video, in my example, I just added a 1 to the end so the file name was now Panorama_patch1.mp4.
Open Pano2VR and you will see the Locate missing file dialogue box popup.

3.png
3.png (60.41 KiB) Viewed 4438 times

Double click the list and now select the video Panorama_patch1.mp4.
Pano2VR will open.
Now select the video in the list view and you should see the create preview image dialogue box popup.

4.png
4.png (114.87 KiB) Viewed 4438 times

So to recap you need to remove the preview image from the properties panel and when renaming use a file name that you have not used before.
As an example, if you repeated the above but change the file name back to Panorama_patch.mp4, it would not ask if you wanted a preview image, because this name has already been used.

Also, note the preview image is created in the project folder and copied to the media folder in the output.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi Hopki!

So that didn't work......at least not right away. After I complete all the steps nothing happened. So I tried adding a brand new video to a DIFFERENT node. Same thing, nothing happened. Then I got frustrated, opened up the list view and just started clicking the crap out of the video in the list......voila! The Add Preview Image magically opened up. Now whenever I add a video the "add preview image" opens up.

Is this a bug or am I living in the Twilight Zone? :-) At least it works now.
Hopki
Gnome

Hello mate,
All I can tell you is if you use a file name not used before it generates a preview image for me on both Windows and Mac.
But glad it's working.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com