gyroscope "smooth movement" in v6.1 skin?

Q&A about the latest versions
Jmondo

Hi, wondering if there's a way to smooth the movement of the gyroscope now that it is controlled in the skin. In version 5, there's a "smooth movement" control which does a nice job. In version 6.1, the gyroscope movement is very jittery and the return to horizon is very fast. Any way to control these settings now?

Best,
Jesse
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi,

I have been noticing this too. I have a Galaxy S9 Plus and it's still a little jittery. Seems like gyro would definitely benefit from some sort of smoothing algorithm like the one they use in most of the newer mobile phone cameras when shooting video for video stabilization. It's not bad bad, but it's noticeable and if there is a way to control it I would like to know as well :-)

Thanks!
TheRealMojoJojo

Did some more testing. Here is my results:
  • Opera Gyro doesn't work at all
  • Tor Gyro doesn't work at all
  • Chrome is the most jittery
  • Firefox very little jitter
  • Edge very little jitter
  • Duck very little jitter
  • Dolphin Browser is pretty smooth
  • Surf Browser is pretty smooth
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
Do your testing with Pano2VR 6.1 beta 2 and WebVR.
When using a phone its the same as the Cardboard export, but will be interested to see the results of the gyro.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Jmondo

Hi Hopki, I'm currently using v6.1 beta 2.

here's my site: the360listing.com
Hopki
Gnome

Yeah, but are you using the Cardboard output or using the normal output using the new WebVR?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Jmondo

Sorry, didn’t realize the distinction. I am using Webvr - it must have been the default setting when transitioning from v5 to v6, as I didn’t actively choose it, but the webvr folder was generated with the output.

Thanks,
Jesse
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi Hopki,

Yeah same here. Using 6.1 beta 2 with webvr.
Jmondo

Hopefully a future version will have a solution for smoothing out the gyro movement that’s native to the skin. In the interim, is there a creative solution using code in an advanced mode, or css style? I’ve attempted to do so, but that’s not my strong suite. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Jmondo

Hi Hopki, has there been any discussion internally about the jittery gyroscope movement issue since it was first brought up?
jens

Any update/fix on the jittery gyro? We have purchased a license coming from krpano and really like all the option pano2vr gives us - but the gyro movement is really jittery on mobile devices, which takes away from the buttery smooth performance in all other aspects. Is there any way to smooth the movement, yet? Would be very important for a project we are currently working on for a rather picky client :)

Best,
J
Jmondo

Hi, wondering if you found a solution to the jittery gyro movement. I'm surprised this isn't an easy fix on their end - it was smooth in earlier versions.

Thanks,
Jesse
k.ary.n
Gnome

This was fixed a while ago. What version of Pano2VR are you using? And what device/OS are you experiencing jittery-ness?
Branigan

k.ary.n wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:22 pm This was fixed a while ago. What version of Pano2VR are you using? And what device/OS are you experiencing jittery-ness?
If that's the case maybe it wasn't tested widely enough? Aside from the problems the OP is having, here are other examples using v6.1.8 on a PC using Firefox 78.0.2.
wiggle.gif
wiggle.gif (4.73 MiB) Viewed 3512 times
From the Erasmus University example promoted on your front page: https://www.okijk.nl/projecten/euc/
Erasmus.gif
Erasmus.gif (3.94 MiB) Viewed 3506 times
From the Tour you offered as an example of high resolution output: https://marshalltx.360pano.tours/servic ... index.html
marshall.gif
marshall.gif (1021.42 KiB) Viewed 3506 times