Not directly about pano2vr but about stitching

Q&A about the latest versions
chris15326

360Texas wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:59 pm ok... so now.... how well did the panorama stitching turn out ?

I always test by looking up a the convergence at top zenith.... and then tilt down to nadir bottom. The bottom should show a tripod cap as a SQUARE box with all sides being equal dimensions.
I'm so hyped over here its funny! :D In a couple of hours I have access to a larger storage room with tiles and stuff like that... This will be my test and I will release the results in here later this day :-)

Its crazy at start I thought "I don't believe you need hours to set up the NPP as good as possible... But I believe all together it ended up taking 3h+ at least.

But I need to say again... with the amazing community in here learning is way more fun than I thought :-)
chris15326

https://cazoo-media.de/nodaltest

What do you say 8) :?:

My workflow is in general:

Using a a6000 with samyang and Rollei. Taking images every 45 degree horizontally, after that I change the angle to 45 degree up and I make 4 more images every 90 degree.

The resulting HDR shots get fused and corrected in Lightroom & LR Enfuse. After that I will hand it over to Panroama Studio 3 Pro directly from within Lightroom in order to stitch and create the Panorama.

Usually I use luminosity mask etc in photoshop in order to get the best result out of the images... I skipped this part for this test.
360Texas

Heads up.. YOU obviously have done this before.

Your camera ... is it a full 35mm size sensor.
Your SamYang Fisheye lens. Is it full circle fisheye or 180 degree diagonal (lower left corner to upper right corner diagonal fisheye)

I remember that Nikon had a 180 fisheye diagonal that only required 8 images around on the horizon.
A full circle 180 only requires 4 images around the horizon.

Constructive observations:
overall stitching excellent only found 2 very very small stitch issues. Will load images in few minutes.

? did you white balance your stitched panorama? Different light types Flourescent, candescent, etc can kill a photo... unless you white balance adjust.

Zenith UP
Zenith UP
zenith.jpg (73.58 KiB) Viewed 3372 times
Nadiar down
Nadiar down
nadiar.jpg (113.06 KiB) Viewed 3372 times
I was wondering why I am not seeing the bracket image in this Nadiar. I am seeing the BOTTOM edge of 8 bottom row images but they are all gray.

Does your Samyang Fisheye lens have a SUN SHADE .... can it be detached and allow seeing the top of the panorama head bracket?

2 small stitch issues
2 small stitch issues
stitch1.jpg (35.89 KiB) Viewed 3372 times
Attachments
Room orientation
Room orientation
singledoor.jpg (60.75 KiB) Viewed 3372 times
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
chris15326

360Texas wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:08 pm Heads up.. YOU obviously have done this before.

Your camera ... is it a full 35mm size sensor.
Your SamYang Fisheye lens. Is it full circle fisheye or 180 degree diagonal (lower left corner to upper right corner diagonal fisheye)

I remember that Nikon had a 180 fisheye diagonal that only required 8 images around on the horizon.
A full circle 180 only requires 4 images around the horizon.

Constructive observations:
overall stitching excellent only found 2 very very small stitch issues. Will load images in few minutes.

? did you white balance your stitched panorama? Different light types Flourescent, candescent, etc can kill a photo... unless you white balance adjust.

zenith.jpg
nadiar.jpg
stitch1.jpg
Yes I do / learned from a friend from Switzerland that is doing it the way he taught me for high class real estate broker over there.
But I learn more and more that his workflow can be improved... For example, I believe PTGui can replace Lightroom and Panorama Studio Pro 3 and would do a way better job.

For the camera sensor I needed to check a datasheet :-D : SO it seems that its not a full 35mm size sensor?

For the Samyang hope this answers your question/how do you know when its a full circle fisheye or 180 degree diagonal?:

As you can tell I'm hungry to learn but I'm still at the beginning of my eat first course :cry:

Yes the result of the stitching is awesome! I will rednder it with watermarks in PTGui and see if it does an even better job!

Of course, I do white balancing... normally! :D in that case I skipped all the stuff besides stitching and checking for errors just for the sake of testing
360Texas

OK.. looks like your lens might have a built in lens hood.

Just for information.... the lens might be marked 8mm but it really gives an immense field of view - diagonal measured 180 degrees, with a 12mm (35mm equivalent) field of view.

Several years ago I read where owners were having the lens shaved off.... removing the shade to get a wider angle of view. Nikon Fisheye lens owners were also shaving or removing the sun shade.

Removal provides a wider Vertical angle of view ... means taking fewer images.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
360Texas

Removing the tripod nadir using patches

See video tutorial in the pano2vr documentation

https://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/6/patches-extract/
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
chris15326

360Texas wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:10 pm OK.. looks like your lens might have a built in lens hood.

Just for information.... the lens might be marked 8mm but it really gives an immense field of view - diagonal measured 180 degrees, with a 12mm (35mm equivalent) field of view.

Several years ago I read where owners were having the lens shaved off.... removing the shade to get a wider angle of view. Nikon Fisheye lens owners were also shaving or removing the sun shade.

Removal provides a wider Vertical angle of view ... means taking fewer images.
Your hardware knowledge is awesome! Wish I would have that right now... :o
Is there in your eyes anything out there like a great "comprehensive" guide to all that matters for panorama image creation or something like that?

I will take a look and research if my lens has a built in lens hood. At least on the outside there is one for sure
Last edited by chris15326 on Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chris15326

360Texas wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:12 pm Removing the tripod nadir using patches

See video tutorial in the pano2vr documentation

https://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/6/patches-extract/
Luckily, that's one of the easier parts for me. I use Photoshop for over 10 years professionally and the export directly as psd in pano2vr + auto update of changes saved in PS is just awesome! Used it all the time to fix all those stitching errors and nadir points