Send data from Panorama to website ?

Q&A about the latest versions
soulbrother

Hi,
I think there have been answers or at least partial answers, but I cannot find them in the forum.
I guess I don´t know the maching words...

But, yes, here´s my need:
I had setup a "game", and there is a counter - this is a variable that is triggered by the "game steps" - and if the player does want to end the game, this individual number (the score), should be transfered within a link to another html side - what is of course the same website.

If possible I want to integrate additionally a text-input field, where the player can write his email and after a next click ("send now"), both data - score number and email - should be transfered to the "game landing page" in the website.

I be happy for any hints!
Many thanks!!
soulbrother

I just found one of the older entries that could fir to my question, so here some helpful codes have been discused:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13347&p=55755&hilit=email#p55755

Will have to test it, maybe my solution is near...
soulbrother

Hi again!

I am on the home stretch with my most complex skin ever.
And I promise, you will have fun with that, once it will be published.

But one problem I canot solve and I really need some help:

I have setup an Email-button with klick, open URL, mailto:yyyyyy@xxxxxx.com?subject=Competition&body=My score is:
and this works fine.

But I want to integrate the content of a textfield in the skin, that is "updated" by a logicblock, that is "triggered" by a variable, that I use to count the score upwards - if you find the hidden things and klick them, you get points for your score.

This text ("the score" - what is displayed on the screen also), should be "taken" and should be sent with the email automatically.

Another possible solution could be, that an (automatic) screenshot, that would show the area of the screen where the score is shown - and that screenshot should be sent with the email...

And to specify it: This "score" that is displayed, is not only the number, it is the number itself plus a special and individual sign/symbol.
But it is "text only".

So, does anyone have any workaround - or other solution - for that need, what is useable within p2vr?

Thanks a lot for any hint!!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
You can do this with a placeholder.
Example if you're using a numbered variable, "var1" to count the score, then use.
Mouse Click, Go To URL: mailto: you@domain.com?subject=Competition&body=My score is: $(*var1), Target: _self

When you click the e-mail button you will see the text in the body of the e-mail: My score is: 10, if 10 is the variable.

To see what a placeholder should look like, simply add a text box to the skin, then use the placeholder button and select variable.
It will then show the correct syntax of the placeholder, in this case as the variable is called: var1, the placeholder is: $(*var1)
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
soulbrother

Hi Hopki,
THANKS a lot, this placeholder works well!

Last question on that:
Does someone know the way, how this placeholder-value could be "sent" - or could be "sent over" into a field of a (html) form of another html-page?

Which possibilities could be used in p2vr, which are helpful for this?