VT "automated" building process

Q&A about the latest versions
Giuseppe

Hi,
I am new to the forum.
Just downloaded Pano2VR trial version, trying to understand how it works.

I would like to to do some Vt like "streetview".
I have a couple of questions:

1) For example: I have 200 geolocated panos, on the metadata or on a separate file, (pano1, ........, pano200) to link in a VT.
Is it possible to build the VT with an "automatic" process ( i.e. by "putting" all the panos together in Pano2VR ) this way:

each pano has two hotspots (one for the next pano and one for the previous pano);
each pano has a map (OSM or Google) with the hotspots of all the geolocated panos;
the hotspot in the map which refers to the actual pano is highlighted and has a radar

Of course I am not asking a tutorial (however if any.....) but some hints in order for me to properly ask to a programmer.

2)Is it possible to have in the VT other maps than OSM or Google: i would like to use satellite maps from the map service of my region (Tuscany, Italy) which are free to use

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Giuseppe
soulbrother

Hello Giuseppe,
there are lots of tutorials and all of your questions shuold be answered by the tutorials:
https://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/6/p2vr-tutorials/

As this software has sooo many possibilitys - of course it is not very easy.
BUT: If you have understood the way it works, it´s not very complicate then.

So take some time and have fun ;-)
Giuseppe

Thank you very much!
I will read the tutorials you suggested and I am confident i will learn how to build a VT.

I would like to build the VT automatically, i.e. not editing each pano one by one "manually" but "giving" Pano2Vr all the panos (for example 200 panos) and let it building the VT according to the options I described. Is that possible?

Regards,

Giuseppe
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Giuseppe,
Pano2VR 6.1 beta 2 and on.
You can make a droplet that if you drop a folder full of nodes that are geo-located the output can also link all the nodes, so yes you would have a compleat tour.
Go to File, Create Droplet.

Screenshot 2019-06-18 at 13.52.23.png
Screenshot 2019-06-18 at 13.52.23.png (23.39 KiB) Viewed 1638 times

You need to select, Save values in project file, Create a single virtual tour and Automatically link the tour nodes.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Giuseppe

Hi Hopki,

Thank you very much! I will try to practise and learn.

Is it possible to use other maps than OSM or Google in the Vt?
Another question: is the beta release stable or some testing is needed before it is?

Regards,

Giuseppe