Update Meta Data - no progress

Hopki
Gnome

Hi Kay-Uwe,
We are hoping Google fix it soon.
The error message is generated by Google, Pano2VR just displays it.
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Tamas

Hi, are there any progress???
Hopki
Gnome

When did you last try?
We looked at this a few weeks ago and it was improving with people reporting it working for them now, but then I see the odd post saying it is still broke.
I can only conclude not all accounts are working just yet.
Maybe push the matter on the Local Guides Connect website/forum.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Tamas

Much better. I have tried upload 100 photos with Pano 6.0.0.4
After uploading the photos appears an error message, I have pushd the OK button, then I closed the process with "X". Trying 3-4 times uploading, the process ok, appears the message to save the project.
Tamas

uploading 100 photos with pano5 (win10) is ok, after 4 upload attempt and error message.
markpalmos

Hello folks,
I am getting the same errors, but have found that the tour actually does upload, but some PARTS of the tour have really mixed up arrows, pointing and connecting to other rooms, or the wrong parts of a room etc... I have had the same thing happen with 3DVista, so I am guessing this is a google issue. I am also baffled about the metadata progress bar which appears at 4% and does not move, then when you try again, 7%, next time 13% etc... I have uploaded a video to show you this odd behaviour.

https://videoblurb.com/mp/Pano2VR_publi ... r-not.webm

As a side note, I am also baffled about this warning because all of the panos are connected to at least one other pano, and none of them were "auto placed" as I do not shoot with GPS, so they were positioned by myself on the Pano2VR Tour Map and were all assigned to the same "Place" on the GSV panel...
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Mark,
When you add the panoramas to the tour map you are giving them location data (GPS).
When you do this Ghost Hotspots should be seen in the viewer, the greyed out Hotspots, this is before you link them.
When linked and selected the red hotspots should show the padlock, these are using the location data and is the correct way to do it.
Note Google uses this when setting hotspots.
If you then "unlock" then in the viewer and move them then although you see this locally, Google will only use the location data to set the links.
This is why you are seeing the warning.

If your getting "phantom" links that you did not set, then go to your mobile Street View app and under setting make sure auto-linking is not selected.
This allows Google to add links you did not set!
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
iantresman

I'm getting something similar with Pano2VR 6.0.6 pro 64bit, Revision: 17336/5.9.4. Windows 10.
  1. All the images upload fine.
  2. When Pano2VR starts to upload the meta data, it will invariable fail with the error that the server is unavailable.
  3. If I try again, it will upload a proportion of the meta data, eg. 12%, and then stop with no error. Somes the dialog box disappears, some times it pauses, and I close it manually.
  4. I then repeat uploading the project meta data, and an extra 12% of the meta data is uploaded.
  5. This continues until I reach 100%, and then I am prompted to save my project.
  6. The number of image nodes does not appear to be the issue. My project with 380 images was uploading 12% of the meta data each time. Another project with just 30 images was uploading 3% of meta data each time.
markpalmos

Hopki wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:51 pm If you then "unlock" then in the viewer and move them then although you see this locally, Google will only use the location data to set the links.
This is why you are seeing the warning.
Hi Martin,
Just checking... I did not (knowingly) unlock any of the hotspots before moving them... and if one moves the clicks and drags hotspots to reposition them without first choosing to unlock them, then the GPS data changes accordingly, right?

tx
Mark.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Kay-Uwe,
Please use Pano2VR 6.1 beta 3b.
We made changes in the last beta that I am happy to report customers are saying has solved the issues.
Google changed lots of things that broke the Street View upload, so please use 6.1 beta 3b.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
mphoto

hi everybody. So I don't know further. i work until yesterday with pano2vr 5.2.5 and had always broken node link to the panoramas on google street view.
as hopki says, i update yesterday to pano2vr 6.1beta3. when i tried to upload the project, only the pictures are uploaded. the metadata sucks.
like "iantresman" says in the previous post, the problem with the progress bar is still available. the progress bar appears for some precent and than disappears. the same game again and again. but i guess when i reach the 100% it still not working on google maps. i see only single panoramas that are not linked together.
what can i do?
iantresman

Using Pano2VR 6.1 beta 3b, when uploading a Project, and only Metadata is required, the progress indicator typically shows the following:
The first fuel gauge remains on about 7%, and the second fuel gauge (Nodes) gets to about 98%, and then the control disappears. On repeating a couple more times (it's not clear if it has completed), the first gauge eventually increases to 8%, then 9%.

It is not clear whether the first fuel gauge shows the incorrect value, or the metadata is completely uploaded.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I have just read others using different platforms are having the same issue.
I did a test three days ago and still do not have any links!
I also read that tours uploaded with the old Google editor have now lost connections.
Looks like Google broke it again.
I have messaged our devs to see what’s what.
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
UltraPanorama

Hello,

Been struggling all weekend with missing links, only to see on here that I’m not alone in that case.
Any news from Google regarding this issue?

Thanks
iantresman

The problem with meta data updating, maybe a problem at Google's end. Apparently (as of yesterday 15 Sep 2019), they know about an issue whereby tour links are not connecting properly, and old tour links are disconnecting.