Update Meta Data - no progress

webline

I just saw that the meta data for a tour was incomplete (not all levels were visible in maps.google.com). So I reopened the project and clicked the upload project button again.

The progress window appears but nothing happens. The dialog opens (OK - that happened) but both progress bars stay empty. If I click on the cancel button in the dialog nothing happens too - the dialog stays open. With the red "close window" button of the dialog I can close the dialog.

If I click again on the upload project button - the content of the dialog may differ. The number of progress bars names "Node..." vary. Sometimes the dialog was closed immediately.

Any idea what's going on here?

Best,

Detlef
Kay-Uwe Rosseburg

Exactly the same here, but on the second try I got the message, that metadata were updated. So I have to see, if the tour works fine in the next 24 hours.

Greetings

Kay-Uwe
webline

the problem is very massive - I tried three tours of the last couple of days - the problem occurred every time. I don't know if the meta data for the tours will be transmitted by PanoVR completely - seems to me that there is a massive issue with the API.
Tamas

Hi!
I have an issue for a few week:
If I uploaded a project to google street view- cca 150 photos - the upload process runs correctly, but by the end of the upload process the update meta data send an error message:
"Street View Error
Error transferring https://streetviewpublish.googleapis.com/vl/
photos:batchUpdate - server replied: Service Unavailable
OK
Show DetaiK "

After few hours the blue dots of the uploaded photos appear on the street view map, but I can't view them.
link:
https://www.google.hu/maps/place/G%C3%B ... 0119?hl=hu
LSalverda

Same problem here. When I try to update the metadata the progressbar stops at 2%, followed by this message: Error transferring https://streetviewpublish.googleapis.co ... atchUpdate - server replied: Service Unavailable

The panos are visible in Maps, but not the arrows that connects them.

Its the second time that I have uploaded this tour because of some corrections I had to make. The first tour showed up perfect...
webline

yes - all the same problem - pano2vr is not working at the moment - the upload of the meta data is broken - we need an update... soon if possible
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
Which version of Pano2VR are you using and which platform?
I have been using it today and not experiencing any problems.
I did ask in another post but are you guys using your own API key?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
webline

6.1b2/Mac - the API seems to be much more stable since yesterday morning - maybe Google changed something... before the problem happened with every tour and that for at least the last two weeks
LSalverda

Hi Hopki, I am using this version: Versie: 6.1 beta2 pro 64bit, Revisie: 17561/5.12.1, Build date: Mar 26 2019, 15:59:31 on a Windows 10 PC. And yes, I use my own key. Hope this helps...

Kind regards, Lex Salverda.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Lex,
Thank you for your information.
The API is not used when uploading or downloading, is for displaying a Google Map in the Tour Map, when you search for an address and look up a place.
But I wanted to see if there was any common denominator as to why some have no problems will a small handful can't even upload one pano!
I was uploading yesterday without problems, but today, boom I am getting errors.
So I suspect its just luck!

Does seem to be getting worse since they switched off G+!
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
webline

it's a mess with Google - if you consider the size of the company - the software quality is very, very poor. And they simply ignore the user feedback. For example the orientation of a pano is there (in the meta data) and they still show 0° ignoring the value. There were long discussions about this issue and nothing happens for years now. I don't think there are more then two developers working on the street view stuff... :evil:

But the upload problem for the meta data is a new one.
Hopki
Gnome

Please see my response here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=13705#p57420
However uploading one image at a time seems to work, I know it's not good but at least its something for now.

Select an image in the tour browser, then use the upload current image button, this is located under the Current Panorama heading.

Screenshot 2019-06-03 at 12.13.28.png
Screenshot 2019-06-03 at 12.13.28.png (27.66 KiB) Viewed 12951 times

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
schmitz-d

OK - now i have the same problem.
Version: 6.1 beta2 pro 64bit
Revision: 17561/5.12.1
Build date: Mar 26 2019, 15:59:31
Windows 10 pro

Regards
Dirk
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dirk,
Everyone will have the same problem, Google has a problem with batch uploads.
Using the upload current panorama button should work ok but of course, you have to manually select a panorama in the tour browser then click the upload current panorama button, select the next panorama and so on.
It is not ideal but should work.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Kay-Uwe Rosseburg

Just for your information:
I'm working with pano2vr 6.0.4, so not the beta. As mentioned above, I have the same problem, but after closing the error message and clicking the project-upload-bottom again, the metadata are updated and everything seems to be fine. Maybe this info helps someone. Of course, there shouldn't be any errors at all.

Greetings,
Kay-Uwe