Hotspots in Pano2VR using Flash export

Q&A about the latest versions
CreAitken

Hi,

I have built many tours linked with hotspots with Pano2QTVR and the URL function works fine (EG - "A<WaterVillaBathroomHS.mov> T<myself> E<controller=true >"). I have now built a virtual tour with over 80 SWF tours linked together, using Pano2VR, with the Hotspot URL being to each SWF File. On my computer, all is fine and dandy and you can click through each tour in IE and Firefox. however, when uploaded, it wont load the next tour, instead just downloads it. I am linking each tour to the relevant SWF file, my question is this:

What is the command line for URL when using flash tours to make it load within the same player? I only want to have one HTML page, and load each tour into the same embedded object - as you can do with quicktime

Please help, thanks, Glenn
smooth

You will have to use an iframe in your html, it is the only way so far.

Regards, Smooth 8)
thomas
Chief Gnome

... or wait for Pano2VR 2.2 beta that should be out tomorrow. ;)
MfG, Thomas
hum@no.id

be happy :D
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
CreAitken

Well,

an update. You CAN use the hotspots online and link directly from Flash file to flash file, works perfectly, BUT ONLY in FIREFOX.

Yep, you guessed it. IE doesnt handle this. SOOOOO, either build Iframes for each bloody page (again) for each link change to .html, OR USE FIREFOX. Pity you cant force users to do this

SOOO, what the goss about Pano2VR beta 2.2???? how will this resolve the issue?

thanks Thomas!!

Glenn
thomas
Chief Gnome

CreAitken wrote: SOOO, what the goss about Pano2VR beta 2.2???? how will this resolve the issue?

thanks Thomas!!
Pano2VR 2.2 loads the next pano as internal object, parses the next panos XML, loads the images from this pano into its own (the old pano...) player and throws the next pano away. This allows me to circumvent all the IE stupidity. Just check out the example at http://gardengnomesoftware.com/samples/ ... flashtour/
MfG, Thomas
smooth

Now of course we want transitions and intermittent scene loaders.

Regards, Smooth 8)