1000+ node tour - hints and tips

Q&A about the latest versions
AHartash

Hi,

I'm using version 6 to output an HTML 1000+ node project that will be uploaded to AWS to serve to our client but also distributed on a USB memory stick for local loading. Chrome seems to fall over when using the localhost address and the integrated web server. When loading local on a machine (without the Pano2vr integrated web server), I get certain browsers don't allow this. Firefox however does so all good there.

My skin elements include:
  • 3D arrows for navigation. I've unticked 3D hotspot preview/tool tip option.
What i have noticed though, both through the local Firefox method and the AWS method is that clicking through to each pano can be a little slow and dragging the map could be smoother. What improvements can I make to help the tour click and drag as smooth and quickly as possible please?

Kind regards

Andy
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Andy,
When you say "clicking through to each pano can be a little slow" what do you mean exactly?
Also which map provider are you using?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
AHartash

Hi Hopki,

In comparison to say a 10 node tour, clicking on the arrows to go to the next pano works as would be expected initiating the transition immediately. However, with this 1000+ node tour it can take a second or two and even then a further second or two for the image to become nice and clear. This seems to happen the longer the browser has been open. I'm also using the Google Hybrid map.

It turns out though all the above is nothing compared to trying to upload to my S3 bucket. What a nightmare! I have a nice 20meg upload connection here but the S3 upload speeds will drop to between 20KB and 100KB.