inertia control for scroll area

Q&A about the latest versions
Jmondo

Hi,

Since updating to pano6, I lost my mobile inertia settings on my thumbnails. Have these changed? Can anyone please explain how to enable and control touch inertia for mobile?

Thanks!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jmondo,
Not sure I understand, what do you mean inertia.
Can you post a link with it and one without?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Jmondo

Hi, thanks for responding so quickly! I’m attaching a screen grab video of what I’m talking about. The first thumbnail scroll is the old, preferred way. The 2nd is the new “stiff” movement. By inertia, I meant typical mobile scrolling where the objects keep going after you scroll and release. Hopefully this all makes sense. Thanks again for your help!
Attachments
359B2016-469E-4934-9B4B-666F63402737.MOV
(9 MiB) Downloaded 170 times
Jmondo

I think a more common description would be smooth scrolling with a rubber band effect
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jmondo,
Have written up a feature request.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Jmondo

Thanks Hopki, I’ve had so many problems migrating my site to v6 that I had to go back to 5.2. A lot of my actions weren’t working properly, and I found myself rebuilding everything. I wonder if other people have experienced this. Once I reverted back, everything worked the way I wanted it, including the momentum scrolling on my thumbnails.

My site: The360listing.com

Thanks!
Jesse
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jesse,
We have lots of test projects going back to V3.
With each new build, the projects are opened and the output tested.
Can you give me some examples of problems you have had?
The scroll area has had lots of changes, but nothing should break!
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Jmondo

Hi Hopki,

A big issue was that actions were ignoring parts of logic block commands. For example, looking at my site, there is a dropdown menu at the top right. All dropdowns are designed to slide into and out of frame (They are all hidden when loaded, by having their variables set to false in the position logic block). When I switched to v6, the dropdowns would no longer slide into frame, they would just appear without the movement. After much trial and error, I discovered that I had to delete and then rewrite the action and logic block. It got so hard to keep track of each action and logic block that I decided to just revert to 5.2.

The scroll area movement changed all together. For text boxes, I use css in the advanced section to get the desired movement (overflow: hidden; -webkit-overflow-scrolling: touch;), but I couldn't find a way to apply this to a scroll box in v6. In v5.2 it wasn't necessary at all, as the scroll area seemed to inherently move with momentum.

I hope this helps, let me know if there's anything I can do to help your testing!

Best,
Jesse
Jmondo

Hi Hopki,

Just wanted to give you an update. I have successfully migrated to 6.1 without anything breaking. It turns out that the issues I was having were my fault, mostly due to conflicting code. For some reason it didn’t break anything in v5.2. I cleaned up my file and everything works great.

The only issue now is the movement in the thumbnail scroll bar. Hopefully there can be more control in the future. There’s probably something I can do in expert mode, but unfortunately I’m not an expert :) I’ll keep playing.

Regards,
Jesse
Jmondo

Hi Hopki,

It appears that I can’t control the scroll area with code. I’ve tried a variety of lines in the css styles area, but nothing effects it. Is this the right approach or is there another place I should be entering code?

Sorry to harp on this point, but lack of smooth, or momentum scrolling in the thumbnails really makes the site feel unprofessional to me. I know you put in a feature request, but any advice you can give me in the interim for a temporary fix would be greatly appreciated.

To refresh your memory, try scrolling the thumbnails in the different pano2vr versions from a mobile device - they pop up at the bottom a couple of seconds after tapping “start exploring”...
Site in pro 5.2: the360listing.com
Site in pro6: the360listing.com/test

Best,
Jesse
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jesse,
I was sure I answered this already as I bug tracked this when you first posted?
But I have bug tracked it.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com